X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which multitool to purchase?

The 12v Ridgid one is weak. The corded version is better but like Alpha Cowboy says the blade tools is a pain. It's also very loud but I think most multitools are.

Comment

I ended up with an 18V Jobmax. I have been pleasantly surprised with how well it functions, and with the battery life. It's funny just how much you'll end up using a tool like this once you have it. The right-angle drill head is great for running cable through studs. It's one of the main reasons I bought it (seeing as how Ridgid never came out with a cordless right-angle drill).

Comment

Well, I use Mastercraft Oscillating Multi-Tool and I bet it is the most wonderful tool I have ever used. It is worth your money and the best part about this is that its blades are interchangeable and its use isn’t restricted to a particular job.
        PPE Protective Clothing

Comment

I bought a cheapo (HF variable speed) to try it out and make sure it wasn't a gimmick before spending big bucks on the Fein. Fantastically useful tool for remodeling - I would not be without one. My experience with HF tools has been that they are crap, but this one still works well and it has been rode hard and put away wet, so to speak. Might never get a Fein after all. Blades don't last long on any of these, so may as well get one where the blades are inexpensive.

Comment

I'll chime in as another Harbor Freight cheapie owner. Like others, I bought it to see if I would use it and two years (or more?) later it's still going strong. If it dies, I'll upgrade but in the meantime I just bought my first Ridgid 18 volt tools and I'm looking at adding a jobmax multitool. Does anyone know if they take the same blades as the HF tool?

Comment

I have the 12 volt multi max. Something has always been wrong with it. I will pull the trigger, it runs for a few seconds, then just stops cold. I squeeze the trigger a few more times, then it starts up again, only to repeat over and over.

I hate it. The battery is in tight, but it seems like there is a bad connection in it or something. I guess I need to take it in for service, but its such a pain.

Anyone else had the problem I have?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by cacaparrot View Post
                I have the 12 volt multi max. Something has always been wrong with it. I will pull the trigger, it runs for a few seconds, then just stops cold. I squeeze the trigger a few more times, then it starts up again, only to repeat over and over.

I hate it. The battery is in tight, but it seems like there is a bad connection in it or something. I guess I need to take it in for service, but its such a pain.

Anyone else had the problem I have?

Dan
                It was an issue with the first units of 12v units. If its over 3 years old and you didnt register it, your out of luck unfortunately. Ridgid replaced mine under warranty and has been fine since.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                  It was an issue with the first units of 12v units. If its over 3 years old and you didnt register it, your out of luck unfortunately. Ridgid replaced mine under warranty and has been fine since.

Thanks, Ya, I registered. Its on my dashboard. I will have to turn it replacement. Thanks for your reply

Comment

I bought a Fein Oscillating Tool a few years ago and having used a dozen other oscillating tools before and since. There is no comparing the others to the Fein. Hands down it is 100% better then the others in every regards. That said you do certainly pay for the difference. It's a personal home use tool for me and a number of lesser would have likely worked however it was a WTH purchase that day and aside from spending the bucks I've never regretted owning the Fein. It cuts through drywall, trim, PVC, copper, steel, rubber, tile, etc quickly and effortlessly. The motor is more powerful then anything I could use it for. The casing is incredibly durable. It has an extra long cord saving the need to drag out an extension cord most of the time. No tools required for changing blades. Replacement blades are much more expensive however there are adapters to use other manufacturers available.

Use the Fein then go use any of the other copies and you'll know which is better. Then its simply a matter of deciding if its really 300$ worth it or not. I usually buy mid grade tools but that Fein Oscillating Tool is a top end workhorse with nothing close to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X