Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R4512 Fence accuracy

Folks,

I purchased a R4512 back in Jan 2013. I love this saw, setup was smooth, manual is clear and the cast Iron top is a great platform.

The only thing that I was 100% happy with was the fence. The accuracy was OK when I first got the table, but it has been getting worse. It is so bad now I don't use the fence if I can avoid it. The times I do use I have re-align before each cut. The fence "car" sits in the rail fine, but the fence connection to the car appears to be is loose. The far end of can be as much as 3/4" off from the close end even after I lock the fence.

I checked and tightened all the nuts on the fence and the car, but it does not help.

I was wondering if this is unique to my fence or is it a common problem, also is there a way to fix it ?
    Thanks
    -Fred

Re: Ridgid R4512 Fence accuracy

if one does a google search for "Ridgid R4512 fence" there seem to be some problem with it or people have has some complaints, I would consider tanking it back, (I would guess there is some adjustment that has come loose, or some thing has broke internal, but I do not have one, so I have no first hand experience)
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: Ridgid R4512 Fence accuracy

I would take everything back apart and try to realign everything, You might need to add shims to the rails to get proper tolerances.

Comment

Working...
      X