Loose belt on oscilating / belt sander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose belt on oscilating / belt sander

I have seen a variety of videos demonstrating this sander. Every video demonstrates belt sanding with copious amounts of sawdust being created. On my machine(model EB44242), the least amount of pressure to the belt causes the belt to stop. Additionally, the belt migrates up the roller. The belt seems to need tightening. What is the process? Thanks

Re: Loose belt on oscilating / belt sander

The procedure you're looking for can be found on page 21 of your Owners Manual.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thanks for the help. With the tensioning lever in running position and one hand at each end of the sanding belt assembly, I can easily slide the belt off the drums. This has been the case since the machine was purchased. Thanks again!

Comment

In that case then I think that the problem may well be the sanding belts themselves. Probably just a bit to big. I just checked my EB4424 and the belt doesn't move at all when tensioned up.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Working...
        X