Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell age of a tool/battery/charger?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell age of a tool/battery/charger?

I recently acquired a used 12v JobMax and I was wondering how I would go about checking the age. Normally I wouldn't bother but a recent post regarding warranty in another thread said according to Ridgid's three year warranty, if the tool is less then three years old it is covered under service. There is nothing wrong with the tool, it works fine, I just want to know.

I've looked at my other tools and it appears the first two numbers after the CS, EA etc are the year. CS12 for tools I purchased last year in 2012 and CS11 for tools I've owned for 2 years. The serial number on the 12v JobMax is, CS1119 15678, so am I guessing right that the tool was made in 2011? How do I determine what day and month? Does warranty go by years, a 2011 warranty will expire Jan 1st 2014 or is it calculated by three years worth of months?

Re: How to tell age of a tool/battery/charger?

I don't the date code format ridgid uses but it might be a 2 digit yesrfollowed by the day such as 13035 would be the 35th day of 2013. There are so many numbering schemes its tough to know as you said. I guess if we had enough serial numbers and purchsse dates we could noodle it out. Doesn't seem like it would be a state secret so maybe someone from ridgid will chime in and let us all know.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

The serial number on the 12v JobMax is, CS1119 15678

this code means the tool was made the 19th week of 2011

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
        The serial number on the 12v JobMax is, CS1119 15678

this code means the tool was made the 19th week of 2011
        And the 15678 would be the running production number for that product I would assume.

So its YYWW for a 2 digit year and a 2 digit week.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
        X