No announcement yet.

3650 strength

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 strength

I'm trying to cut a 3/4 inch? notch across the underside of 5/4 pine, the saw slows and stops as it tries to cut.
    Is the motor weak? Is the fairly new blade wrong? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Re: 3650 strength

Need a little more info there, skip.
    Is the notch 3/4" deep or 3/4" wide?
    Does the blade burn the wood?
    Does it bind in the wood?
    That motor should be able to handle pine with no problem.
    We love pics.

Too fast of a feed rate.
      Fence not parallel with the blade or vice versa.
      Motor improperly mounted.
      Dull blade.
      Incorrect style of blade for job at hand.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Are you using a dado stack or just a regular kerf blade and how deep a cut are you making? You say it's 5/4 pine, but should that matter really (at least as I'm thinking), as it's the depth of the cut that matters I would think. (You could be notching the bottom of a 4 x or 2 x or just a wide board and depending on the stock, dampness or whatever, it could be binding on the blade.

As the other two replies have mentioned, please provide more infomation.

A 3650 is up to just about any normal woodworking task, and cutting a 3/4" dado sounds pretty routine. So either your saw has a problem or you're doing something wrong.

Might seem like a dumb question but are all the blades and chippers in your dado stack installed correctly? If you got even one chipper it would put a huge drag on the motor I think. Not sure cause I never did it myself but seems reasonable and its not that hard to get one reversed if you're not paying attention.
            Last edited by Bob D.; 03-31-2013, 07:07 PM.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

Time, cost, or quality; pick any two but you can't have all three.

That saw should have no problem cutting pine. Just the other day I cut 8/4 walnut and 8/4 maple without issue. You most likely have a cheap or dull blade. Make sure it is a rip or combo blade, it's clean and sharp. I am also assuming the stock is flat and square. You should also be running some type of dust collection.