X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 strength

I'm trying to cut a 3/4 inch? notch across the underside of 5/4 pine, the saw slows and stops as it tries to cut.
    Is the motor weak? Is the fairly new blade wrong? Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Skipm[/LIST]

Re: 3650 strength

Need a little more info there, skip.
    Is the notch 3/4" deep or 3/4" wide?
    Does the blade burn the wood?
    Does it bind in the wood?
    That motor should be able to handle pine with no problem.
    We love pics.

Comment

Too fast of a feed rate.
      Fence not parallel with the blade or vice versa.
      Motor improperly mounted.
      Dull blade.
      Incorrect style of blade for job at hand.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Are you using a dado stack or just a regular kerf blade and how deep a cut are you making? You say it's 5/4 pine, but should that matter really (at least as I'm thinking), as it's the depth of the cut that matters I would think. (You could be notching the bottom of a 4 x or 2 x or just a wide board and depending on the stock, dampness or whatever, it could be binding on the blade.

As the other two replies have mentioned, please provide more infomation.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

A 3650 is up to just about any normal woodworking task, and cutting a 3/4" dado sounds pretty routine. So either your saw has a problem or you're doing something wrong.

Comment

Might seem like a dumb question but are all the blades and chippers in your dado stack installed correctly? If you got even one chipper it would put a huge drag on the motor I think. Not sure cause I never did it myself but seems reasonable and its not that hard to get one reversed if you're not paying attention.
            Last edited by Bob D.; 03-31-2013, 08:07 PM.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

That saw should have no problem cutting pine. Just the other day I cut 8/4 walnut and 8/4 maple without issue. You most likely have a cheap or dull blade. Make sure it is a rip or combo blade, it's clean and sharp. I am also assuming the stock is flat and square. You should also be running some type of dust collection.

Comment

Working...
              X