X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with every Ridgid tool I buy

Went through three X4 kits before I finally got a good one the forth time. I got the Ridgid jobsight radio this christmas, seemed to work ok untill I plugged my iPod in today, the display goes out and it makes a bunch of noise over the tunes. Called HD they wouldnt exchange it because it's 1 week over the 90 day guarantee. They would send it in and they said it would take a couple of months. I have now made up my mind that Home Depot and Ridgid tools both SUCK and will no longer spend my money on either.
    Last edited by bkcarpentry; 04-02-2013, 10:19 PM.

Re: problem with every Ridgid tool I buy

I'll give you $20 for all your tools you hate.

Comment

$30.00

Comment

The amount of your offers tells me your not smart enough to know how to use them

Comment

Originally posted by bkcarpentry View Post
          The amount of your offers tells me your not smart enough to know how to use them

Member since 2011 but from your very limited non contributing post history it seems you're somewhat of a troll that ONLY wants to whine & cry

What more could you expect ?

Comment

I wouldn't be too hard on Home Depot. If they offered a 90 day return policy, I fully expect them to honor that policy right up to and including the 90th day. I don't expect them to extend it a week later any more than I expect them to terminate it a week earlier. I do understand the terms when I buy the tools, even though I may not be "smart enough" to know how to use the tools.

But I am curious about the issues you had with the first 3 of your X4 sets. What kind of problems did you experience? Were they the same problems with all 3 sets? Did the problems show up on the job, or were they apparent right out of the box?

Thanks,
            Dan

Comment

Sounds like bkcarpentry has a valid complaint. I would be pretty disappointed and venting too, to have such poor product and store performance. I'm happy to hear both the good and the bad about products and stores.

Comment

To answer AtlantaDans post, The problem with the X4's was the LED light on the impact driver. First time was after a couple of weeks and then two more right out of the box. Ridgid sent the forth right from the factory and they work fine. The problem is in an earler post that I made. This is back when the X4,s first came out, Seems that there were alot of people with this problem from reading posts on this forum, Which now brings me to respond to AssTyme's post. I thought the purpose of this forum was to voice ones opinion on tools good or bad when you have something legitimate to offer. If you just wanted to throw stupid remarks out to people when they post something you should be on Facebook not on this forum!

Comment

$35

Comment

BK,

I understand your frustration, though I would have to disagree with you on tthe expectation of getting anything replaced once you are over 90-days. That's a pretty long time and you have to draw the line somewhere.

But of course that doesn't excuse your poor experience with the product and the frustration that results. Have you asked or made any effort to talk to the local Ridgid rep, who should be visiting that store regularly? Personally I've found them to be helpful, and even had a Ryobi sabre saw replaced when it was past the warranty period, because of it's many problems.

CWS

Comment

The point is well taken on the 90 day policy and I do agree. I am meerly voicing my frustration as this seems to happen with ridgid tools more than any other brand that I buy. I spend a lot of money on tools as I make my living with them and I cant afford the downtime not to mention the 70 mile trip back and forth to HD. I do find that the ridgid reps are helpfull as I have delt with them before and realize that new tools will have there problems and only get better with feedback from customers.
                      Last edited by bkcarpentry; 04-03-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I don't doubt your experience at all but I've bought many many Ridgid tools and never had a problem except with early lithium ion batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                          I don't doubt your experience at all but I've bought many many Ridgid tools and never had a problem except with early lithium ion batteries.
                          same here
                          but with all manufactured goods there tends to be a few bad lots here and there
                          quality control can sometimes miss flawed materials and sometimes fail to quarantine the lots in time for reinspection
                          shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

I have nearly every tool ridgid makes, sometimes double or triple of some items, and have only had a handful of issues and like you have the issue with the early LED problem on the x4 impact. My experience with the radio (I have the older model) they dont fix them, they replace it with a refurb and both times mine broke, they shipped the new one to my door after I dropped it off at a repair shop. They ship it to Ridgid and they sent the replacement right to me. Not sure if that still is the protocol but I would guess so.

Comment

I'm ok over here I burn up a tool HD replaces it A battery dies and they replace it But then I'm nice to the manager
                              I have done so much with so little for so long, I can do almost anything with nothing now!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X