Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
What tool(s) do you own that you use everyday that Ridgid doesnt offer? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What tool(s) do you own that you use everyday that Ridgid doesnt offer?

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
    That's the 16g I want the 18g
    no its the 18 gauge brad nailer says 18 gauge right on it, been out in canada for awhile now online. Agree bout new ryobi, Ridgid prob will follow w new cordless nailers and new pneumatic also

Comment

For me its Dremel 200 series. This little suckers does almost every odd job
      & Ryobi Tek4 stud sensor

Comment

Originally posted by powerator View Post
        For me its Dremel 200 series. This little suckers does almost every odd job
        & Ryobi Tek4 stud sensor
        have a few of the tek4 tools, shears, headphone ear protector,laser temp gun, flashlights, stud sensor, pretty cool stuff

Comment

I didn't know about the new Ryobi nailer until Alphacowboy mentioned it here. I bought one today ($129), and he was right. The design is a huge improvement over the last one. I tested it by driving 1 3/4" nails into 2X pressure treated wood. Even with the internal compression set to minimum, the nailer had no trouble driving lots of nails at a fast pace. No jams and no rapid battery drain, as with the previous model. It's also quieter, has LED's, bump-firing if desired, and tool-less jam clearing. I see myself using this tool a lot, especially for temporarily pinning projects together until the screws go in.

I would have preferred to have a Ridgid version of the nailer, but as this thread makes very clear - we just have to buy tools outside of the Ridgid brand if we're going to meet our own needs.

So thanks to Alphacowboy for turning me on to what I think is going to be a very valuable tool for me.

Dan

Comment

Thanks for the compliments Dan. I've been using this nailer a lot, might even buy another. If you like, I can post more pics of how I modified it.

Comment

Not really a tool that RIDGID would make, but I went to the Ryobi site to look at that nailer you guys
              were talking about, and on the opening page they have a hybrid string trimmer, 18v or 120v.

Nice idea. It would be great to have a miter saw that could go both ways, AC/DC, but use my dual battery
              idea to get more power when working cordless. A pair of 18V batteries in series for 36v power or extended
              run time if connected in parallel, or maybe a switch to let you choose which way you want to configure it.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob D -

Have you ever heard an explanation from a major tool company about why they can't seem to offer an AC "adapter" for their 18V tools? I think that there are tens of thousands of contractors who would pay for that feature, so there certainly isn't a question about having a ready and willing market. The issue can't be technology because there are members on this forum who could build the adapter in their garages.

I spoke with DeWalt several years ago about the prospect of offering an AC adapter again, similar to one they had earlier. They said that they had no plans to do it again because there were "complications". Maybe I'm misunderstanding the complexity, but aren't we just talking about a transformer and a rectifier circuit? Furthermore, if the wire size of the coils is large enough, couldn't the same adapter be used for every 18V tool in their line?

Alphacowboy - if it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate seeing photos of your modifications to the nailer.

Thanks,
                Dan

Comment

Working...
                X