Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tool(s) do you own that you use everyday that Ridgid doesnt offer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again I will propose my idea for a dual battery powered cordless mitersaw.
    Use two 18v batteries in series for 36v power or in parallel for longer run time
    and higher available amperage.

If Ryobi can make a cordless string trimmer and a hedge trimmer with the option
    to run off AC power why can't RIDGID (preferred) or Ryobi come out with a decent
    mitersaw with the same capability?

If Ryobi why not use the existing 40v battery used in the hedge trimmer, chain saw, and other
    garden tools for a 40v mitersaw. Then you could offer a bare tool and use the battery and charger
    from your garden tool.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

• Alphacowboy
      Alphacowboy commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts exactly Bob. First time I saw the 40v platform, I instantly started to try and think of a way to incorporate that into a mitersaw

Originally posted by ridgidnj View Post
    Where did you hear this? What gauge nailer?
    15 Gauge angled 18v with ryobi tech, someone told me they have already seen it!

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post

15 Gauge angled 18v with ryobi tech, someone told me they have already seen it!

16ga brushless finish nailer and 18ga brushless brad nailer. Finish nailer is straight at least from what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post

16ga brushless finish nailer and 18ga brushless brad nailer. Finish nailer is straight at least from what I saw.
        so your saying you saw the new RIDGID 18v nailers? confused why ryobi trumps RIDGID all the time. Ryobi has the 15 gauge angled 18v nailer coming out soon
        Ryobi 18V One+ Airstrike Angled Finish Nailer

[LIST][*]Model: P330[*]Nail Gauge: 15 gauge finish nails[*]Capacity: 105 finish nails[*]Nail Length Range: 1″

Comment

I saw a picture of the finish nailer. No pic of the brad nailer though. I'm guessing it's a rebodied Ryobi With a new motor.

Comment

Working...
          X