Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
What tool(s) do you own that you use everyday that Ridgid doesnt offer? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tool(s) do you own that you use everyday that Ridgid doesnt offer?

I'm curious, what is a favorite tool or essential tool you use everyday that you had to buy a competing companies tool because they don't offer it in Orange?

I own a Milwaukee variable speed 5" grinder (actually, 2 of them) that I use everyday it seems. Why I waited so long to buy a variable speed grinder is beyond me, but I would never own another without it. I use them for cutting and polishing tile almost everyday. I cant remember the last time I picked up a rubbing stone, a 100 grit polishing disk on setting 1 works way better than any rubbing stone I have ever used. Plus, I never thought having the ability to change speeds would make cutting different metals so much safer and easier. Anyway, that is one tool that I definitely would have bought in Orange if it existed, especially with the slimgrip design of the R1005. Better yet a cordless variable would be absolutely awesome!

Re: What tool(s) do you own that you use everyday that Ridgid doesnt offer?

Grinder for sure.

I actually use an 18V Makita sliding compound miter, but I doubt they'd even bother with that.

Comment

my hands
      stihl chainsaw
      dont think ive ever seen a rigid one
      Last edited by gnuuser; 04-03-2013, 11:26 PM.
      shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

LOL, nice one gnuuser! Welcome to the Forum btw!

Comment

got one in before i finished the edit
          shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

A big scale jetter. A jetter with some cajones.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

My lift gate. If for nothing else, an elevator to get into the back of my truck.

Comment

How about a 18g cordless brad nailer... like this one
                Attachment
                Attached Files

Comment

I PHONE 5 . Use the camera a lot
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I use these every day, can't Plumb with out them. Can't believe I used to use ChannelLocks instead of these. Been using the slip joint Pliers for 5-10 years now, they are the best out there. The rest of Wilde Tools line is top of the line, in fact they make a lot of the USA made Craftmen tools, and make tools for other manufactures.

http://wildetool.com/catid.cfm?id=50&cat=1&subcat=9
                    Will Rogers Plumbing
                    Moore, Oklahoma
                    (
                    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I'm a retired homeowner so I don't use my tools everday, but I would ask "What tools would Ridgid sell if offered"? My answer is, every single cordless tool the other manufacturers offer! The reason Milwaukee, DeWalt, Bosch, and the rest offer a cordless grinder, heavy duty 1/2" impact wrench and so on is that customers buy and use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                        How about a 18g cordless brad nailer... like this one
                        Attachment

cool but what about this one ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                          cool but what about this one ?
                          That's the 16g I want the 18g

Comment

Plus, the ridgid one uses a spring drive system, the new ryobi uses a mini onboard air compressor to activate the piston, pretty ingenious really

Comment

I remember when Ridgid only sold pipe fitter tools. Quality stuff back then, nowadays I think it's middle of the road quality. My most used tool is probably a screwdriver.

Comment

Working...
                              X