X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 fence ruler alignment

I recently aligned my blade to my miter slot. After doing so, I noticed that my fence rulers were no longer accurate (obviously, as I moved the blade). I set up the right ruler so that the clear plastic adjuster (with the red line) was right in the middle, and zeroed when the fence was touching the blade - so far so good. However, when I moved the fence to the left of the blade to adjust the other ruler indicator, it was not possible to get it to point to zero when the blade was against the fence (the clear plastic piece was pushed over as far as it would go). I even tried shifting the front rail so that I could setup the right ruler indicator to its extreme (rather than centered as I would think it should be), but the left indicator would STILL not reach zero.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't see anything else to adjust - am I missing something?

Thanks,

David

Re: R4512 fence ruler alignment

Had the same problem. I filed the edge and holes on the left plastic indicator to line up to zero.
    Mike

Comment

I contacted Rigid and they said the same thing - "just file it". I don't see how that is an acceptable thing to have to do with a new piece of equipment. I've already had to drill out two holes in other places to make things fit (also at their suggestion). Seems like they need to get a new quality control manager/design team...

So me5269 - what kind of file did you use? I feel like there is a pretty substantial risk of breaking the little piece of plastic when attacking it with a file, no? Also, how did you fit something (what was it?) in the holes where the adjustment screws go to extend them?

Thanks,

David

Comment

I used an exacto knife and marked a line where I wanted to file to, held the plastic piece between a 2 small pc's of 1/4" wood to support it. Then slowly filed to the line using a flat jewelers file. I held the pc vertically and filed across it from front to back, not top to bottom. Drilled a hole in 1 pc wood to support the plastic pc, then I filed the holes using a round jewelers file, only cutting on the down stroke. I didn't have to file off much, less then 1/32"
        Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike - it worked out pretty well. I actually had to file off quite a bit - more than 1/8". I actually had to remove almost the whole "wing" of the plastic piece on one side, and then of course extend the holes quite a bit with a needle file. (Does anyone know what the point of those wings was in the first place?) In any case - it aligns to 0 on both sides of my fence now.

David

Comment

Working...
          X