18v x2 Hammer drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v x2 Hammer drill

I got lucky and picked up the x4 one handed recip saw on Ebay and the same seller has an x2 hammer drill listed. Anyone have the x2 hd that can give me feedback? Have they changed/improved much in the x3 and x4 versions?

The hd listed is model R8411503. I notice it looks different from some other x2 hd's. The chuck looks like it's all metal for instance. Maybe this is one of the early x2's???

I don't use a hd all that often and I have a corded sds drill but if the price is right I might still pick this one up.
    Last edited by LocalHero; 04-10-2013, 05:52 AM.

Re: 18v x2 Hammer drill

That model was the newer model of the x2 drills. They are heavy, and rubber on the rear of the grip on the handle. (The x2 before that didnt have the rubber, and the handle grip mounted infront of the clutch dial instead of behind it) Honestly, I wouldn't pay more than 15 bucks for it. I sold most of my x2 stuff a couple years ago for 15$ for each piece.
    Last edited by Alphacowboy; 04-10-2013, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Just the kind of info I was looking for, thanks. Since I don't need it and it looks pretty worn, I'll probably pass on it.

Comment

The only X2 model I would consider is the pistol grip rather than the T handle.

I don't know when they stopped making those for sure but I like them for certain jobs. I picked one up years ago and use it for mixing joint compound, grout, and other jobs.

Comment

I have the 18-volt X2 and like it. It was part of a combo that I got for something like $89 one Christmas season. The other tool with the combo was the 6" circular saw, which was a circular saw and IIRC a straight finish nailer. I use the saw quite a bit as it's great for cutting up sheet stock. The hammer drill I've only used twice though, both for drilling in concrete, and it works very well for that.

Mine has the screw-in side grip, but it didn't come with the extension rod used to set the bore depth. The chuck does have the rubber sleeve cover, but the chuck itself has hardened steel jaws. As I recall, I got this back in 2005... the batteries still work quite well considering thier only occasional use.

CWS

Comment

Hi guys, I'm in the market for a corded hammer drill for various heavy concrete drilling and chipping. Any recommendations on which hammer drill I should pick up? It does not have to be a Rigid.

Comment

Originally posted by powerator View Post
              Hi guys, I'm in the market for a corded hammer drill for various heavy concrete drilling and chipping. Any recommendations on which hammer drill I should pick up? It does not have to be a Rigid.
              I'm in construction and carry a sds hammer drill and a spline rotary hammer drill.The SDS for tapcons and light chipping....spline rotary for wedge anchors and bigger holes.
              It really depends on what you have to do,I see alot of guys set tapcons with a drill type hammer drill...sure it gets the job done but is harder to do then with a SDS type drill.
              As far as brand goes it seems to me everything is made overseas these days,I use mostly DeWalt.

Comment

Hilti
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I've got the Bosch bulldog extreme SDS drill and haven't touched my old hammer drill since. I use it a lot, plus with the chisel scraper attachment makes short work of removing old tiles!

Comment

I'd probably buy an sds rotary hammer that can drill, hammer drill, and just hammer. I've had dewalt and makita. Liked both of those fine and you can never go wrong with Bosch.

Hilti is great but pricey.

Comment

Working...
                    X