X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 18-Volt Angle Grinder Console Only

Still nothing here in Canada. Does anyone know if they are available in stores yet? I have two friends who are going to the States this summer. I'm sure I could get one of them to pick one up if they are available in stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
      Still nothing here in Canada. Does anyone know if they are available in stores yet? I have two friends who are going to the States this summer. I'm sure I could get one of them to pick one up if they are available in stores.
      I was in my home depot in CT a couple days ago and nothing on display, maybe they are keeping it a secret so no one will buy them? God forbid they actually promote the availability and add some more requested tools.

Comment

It's free delivery to a store or your house.

Just buy one online and relax

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
          It's free delivery to a store or your house.

Just buy one online and relax
          I can't relax, way too wound up I will make this final offer to Ridgid, if you guys are listening. If Ridgid makes a heavy duty 1/2" impact wrench, I will order one and offer to demonstrate it free of charge for three hours on two Sundays. Now to the folks at Ridgid, if you decide to make that tool and want to keep it just between you and us guys on the Forum, I understand.

Comment

My bank considers Georgia a high fraud zone so my purchase was declined until I made arrangements.

Really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
              My bank considers Georgia a high fraud zone so my purchase was declined until I made arrangements.

Really annoying.
              The whole state of Georgia?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                The whole state of Georgia?
                And a few other states.

Comment

Frank, I'm with you on the 1/2" impact. Broke my Frankenstein unit today, but made it through 3 Vans Shoe store setups. (Literally hundreds of 3/4" bolts tightened). I think it got stepped on during the day as it was fine the last time I used it. I'd buy a ridgid impact tonight if it was available....

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                    Frank, I'm with you on the 1/2" impact. Broke my Frankenstein unit today, but made it through 3 Vans Shoe store setups. (Literally hundreds of 3/4" bolts tightened). I think it got stepped on during the day as it was fine the last time I used it. I'd buy a ridgid impact tonight if it was available....
                    I'm a broken record, but if all the other manufacturers offer that tool so should Ridgid. The Ridgid displays at home depot should be outstanding with a wide array of cordless tools and demonstrations. How can such an idea not increase sales to both new buyers and current Ridgid cordless tool owners?

Comment

I agree. Intended or not, Ridgid has the impression of being a house brand for the orange store. That can be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on the business strategy. Right now it's certainly not an advantage.

Comment

I just picked mine up today, it's pretty awesome. It's a little wide bodied and a little heavy, but if it lasts I can deal with it. On the plus side, it's got 3 handle positions; one on each side and one on top. Makes it pretty nice to hold in any position

Comment

I received mine this afternoon. Here are the specifications, as for some reason when you go to Ridge tool and
                          look for new tools this is not shown!
                          I hooked up an X4 3AH battery and the tool seemed well balanced.
                          The on/off switch is a little funky [?] It's a soft start and latches differently than some of the other
                          Ridgid power tools.

I have yet to grind anything so I'll be back with a user review later

Oh, I'm a bit disappointed as it does not include a storage bag

Cactus Man

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The Ridgid 18-Volt Grinder Bare Tool is compatible with all 18V slide battery packs. This grinder features a tool-less guard design to easily rotate guard for optimal grinding. The Load Level LED Indicator prevents grinder overload and the Hex Grip technology provides superior ergonomics for extended use. The 18-Volt Grinder is backed by the RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement. Free batteries, free parts, free service, for life.

This RIDGID 18V grinder features a load level LED Indicator-LED illuminates to prevent grinder overload
                          Tool-less guard design- easily rotates guard for optimal grinding position
                          100-Percentage compatible with all RIDGID 18V slide battery packs
                          18 volt grinder features hex grip- grip enhancing micro-texture provides superior grip and comfort during extended use
                          Spindle lock- to easily change grinding wheels
                          Auto tool lock-off- to prevent accidental start, if battery is installed while tool is locked on, the tool will not operate
                          Batteries and charger sold Separately,this item works with these batteries (AC840083, AC840085, AC840084 and AC46182) and chargers (AC470013 and AC840093)
                          MFG Model # : R86040B
                          MFG Part # : R86040B

Return To Top
                          SPECIFICATIONS
                          Amperage (amps) 0 A Arbor Size 5/8
                          Assembled Depth (in.) 13.464 in Assembled Height (in.) 6.614 in
                          Assembled Width (in.) 5.039 in Batteries Included No
                          Battery Power Type Lithium Ion Battery Size Lithium Ion
                          Battery charge time (min.) 30 CSA Listed No
                          Charger Included No Color Family Orange
                          Cordless Tool Type Angle Grinder Cordless/Corded Cordless
                          ETL Listed No Manufacturer Warranty Lifetime Service Agreement with Registration
                          Maximum Speed (rpm) 9000 Power Tool Product Type Cordless
                          Product Depth (in.) 17 Product Height (in.) 6
                          Product Weight (lb.) 4.5 Product Width (in.) 5
                          Reconditioned No Returnable 90-Day
                          Side Handle Yes Spindle Lock Yes
                          UL Listed 1-UL Listed Variable Speed No
                          Voltage (volts) 18 V Wheel Diameter (in.) 4.5 in

edit:
                          This will fit in the same bag as the R1005 grinder. Part number 902406001 $16.61 [Ereplacementparts.com]
                          Last edited by cactusman; 05-14-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I was in home depot today and stopped by the tool area, still no grinder, or advertising that it exists. Ridgid is better at keeping secrets than the White House! Maybe Ridgid does have a heavy duty 1/2inch impact wrench? Loose Lips.

Comment

You know what they say frank, loose lips sink ships!

I'm hoping soon that they make a heavy duty version, but ill settle for my modified impact conversion for now. Who know what they'll have ready by fall

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                                I was in home depot today and stopped by the tool area, still no grinder, or advertising that it exists. Ridgid is better at keeping secrets than the White House! Maybe Ridgid does have a heavy duty 1/2inch impact wrench? Loose Lips.
                                Its all on the RIDGID SkunkWorks web page.

Photos of the tools and project development teams, performance reviews and charts,
                                tear-down info of failed tools, new chemistry battery testing.

I even found copies of their P3 schedules (for those of you who know what they are)
                                for each tool showing production schedules and launch dates across the country.

All the dope on the latest RIDGID tools is there.

PM me and I will give you the password.
                                ---------------
                                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                                ---------------
                                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                                ---------
                                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                                ---------
                                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X