Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: thinking about dropping my 12V tools

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
    I thought I read a review on the 20v dewalt tools that stated that they are still basically 18v tools but rated them differently to get "20v". Like the Ridgid battery, at full charge is actually over 19v iirc. But I will hand it to them, they are compact. Looking at how far even ridgid has come from my x2 drills is quite impressive really.
    Isn't that the same BS Bosch pulled with the ir 10v tools that overnight became 12v tool, but the old 10v batteries work in the new tools and 12v batteries in the old 10v tools? Turned out to be nothing more than a labeling gimmick, batteries and tools are pretty much the same.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

With dewalt I think it has a different purpose. They have long touted that they've stuck with the same battery system and I don't think they can afford to totally abandon it, but I think they are moving to the new system. Eventually enough new and old customers will commit to the new line that they can make it their standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        Isn't that the same BS Bosch pulled with the ir 10v tools that overnight became 12v tool, but the old 10v batteries work in the new tools and 12v batteries in the old 10v tools? Turned out to be nothing more than a labeling gimmick, batteries and tools are pretty much the same.

Pretty sure Milwaukee started the higher voltage label thing, Bosch just converted over so people wouldn't think it was lower voltage, even though it's really the same

Comment

Well, I totally agree that an 18 V with compact battery works better. Instead of dropping off your 12 V tools, it could be better to offer it to someone who utilizes this tool.
          PPE Protective Clothing

Comment

Originally posted by alanmurfee View Post
            Well, I totally agree that an 18 V with compact battery works better. Instead of dropping off your 12 V tools, it could be better to offer it to someone who utilizes this tool.
            Wish I had thought of that.
            Originally posted by rofl View Post
            Replace, in my case, doesn't require purchase. It means I gift the 12v to someone I know will use them and start using my 18v exclusively.

Comment

I swing by HD a few times a week and all I can say is the new line of Milwaukee Brushless tools have me jealous.

Comment

Working...
              X