Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4090 10" Variable Speed Wet Tile Saw (Troubleshooting)

I own 2 of the R4090.

PROBLEM:
    I was using one to cut a Tile, as usual, and the blade doesn't move...
    It makes the noise as if it was to move, but it stays still, so I press the switch back of; tried again, and nothing, does the same thing, the noise with no movement...

Any Suggestions? Idea of What could be wrong?

Re: R4090 10" Variable Speed Wet Tile Saw (Troubleshooting)

Is it belt driven or direct drive?

Comment

Direct Drive.

Comment

Looking at the schematic, it is direct, no belts, but is gear reduced. I'm going to guess one of the two gears stripped or broke. I highly doubt you snapped the drive shaft or motor armatures shaft, but I guess its a possibility. How old is it, and did you register it?

Comment

I do have an other saw, don't have the mod number on hand, but it's the model before the r4090, 10" no variable speed; guess I'll try to open them and see if I can use some spares.

Now that I remember, I kind of had the same problem with another of the ridged small saw for cutting sheetrock (plycem), the one with the vacuum hose, and it was locked also, I opened it, cleaned it and found out that the locking mechanism to change the blades was locked in, and that caused the blade not to move, only the noise of the motor, I'll try that and see what happens.

Thanks. And waiting for any more suggestions.

Comment

Ok, I spent the weekend working with the saws...
            First disassembled the r4090 then the r4010. At the beginning, from the outside the motor housing looked the same, but later I notice that the shaft was different. The inside of the r4090 was really rusty, very bad; some how it was not well protected (from factory assembly). The problem was the outer bearing,
            The r4010, once opened, was amazed at the neat conditions of the inside (compared to the r4090). I have the r4010 for about 5 years now, and this r4090 Attachment not even a year, so I was kind of worried of what could of been the problem.
            Attachment This are the damaged parts.

Take a look at the "Armature Assembly". The top is the r4090 (metal arbor) and the bottom is the r4010 (plastic arbor).
            Attachment

With the r4010 I kind of had some trouble once, when working on it this weekend I notice that there is a rubber bushing at the end of the outside of the motor that holds the bearing, that somehow got twisted, so it made the blade to start rough and sometime not to run. This is the "sleeve" that had to fix.

Attachment

SinAttachment ce I needed the saw as soon as possible I did change the complete arm from one saw to the other, because I needed the clearance to cut large tiles.

Attachment
            Attached Files

Comment

Attachment
              This the r4090 body with r4010 arm with motor.
              The black rubber bushing/stopper at the end of the table had to be reposition to have complete cutting clearance, since the arm is about 3"-4" shorter.
              Also the blade needs to be set not to cut completely since the running board is different (its about 3/8" short from the side).
              So it's working for now until I get the parts delivered to change everything back to where it belongs.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X