X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ridgid finally listening?

As stated before, the Cordless grinder is coming and what do ya know, so is a cordless jigsaw again! 18-Volt X4 Cordless Jig Saw Console-R8831B at The Home Depot

Maybe the SDS soon? How about that Impact wrench? Come on guys!!!

Re: Is Ridgid finally listening?

Ridgid, I swear to buy a 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench if you decide to make it! Jig Saw is great for carving pumpkins
    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 04-27-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      As stated before, the Cordless grinder is coming and what do ya know, so is a cordless jigsaw again! 18-Volt X4 Cordless Jig Saw Console-R8831B at The Home Depot

Maybe the SDS soon? How about that Impact wrench? Come on guys!!!
      Doesnt look new

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
        Doesnt look new
        Its a jig saw... wth did you expect? They added the hex grip molding. Why change it, the design works, I know, have 2 of the maxselect units.

Comment

I was in HD the other day as I mentioned in another thread. I noticed on the Ryobi display they had one of the old blue 18v grinders on the display board but all the ones in the boxes are that new ugly green. OK, so color is not such a big deal but they are ugly to me. Anyway, the one difference I noticed and what makes me post this here is that the old blue 18v grinder have a rotatable battey connection but the new grinder does not. Now unless there were problems with the design this seems like a good idea to me. Being able to rotate the battery out of the way when it may create problems with accessing an area or just for general comfort seems a like a feature worth retaining, but they chose not to. I wonder of this feature will appear on the new Ridgid 18v grinder if it ever makes it into reality.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            I wonder of this feature will appear on the new Ridgid 18v grinder if it ever makes it into reality.
            Not if the current pictures are accurate.

Comment

Its a jig saw... wth did you expect? They added the hex grip molding. Why change it, the design works, I know, have 2 of the maxselect units.
              I expected some newer features like led light, an exhaust blower to get rid of sawdust buildup, I guess

Comment

I was in HD the other day as I mentioned in another thread. I noticed on the Ryobi display they had one of the old blue 18v grinders on the display board but all the ones in the boxes are that new ugly green. OK, so color is not such a big deal but they are ugly to me. Anyway, the one difference I noticed and what makes me post this here is that the old blue 18v grinder have a rotatable battey connection but the new grinder does not. Now unless there were problems with the design this seems like a good idea to me. Being able to rotate the battery out of the way when it may create problems with accessing an area or just for general comfort seems a like a feature worth retaining, but they chose not to. I wonder of this feature will appear on the new Ridgid 18v grinder if it ever makes it into reality.
                Bob, I have that Ryobi grinder and never knew the base swiveled! Thanks
                Last edited by Frankiarmz; 04-30-2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I wonder if either of these will be sold in Canada. I had to buy my cordless Jigsaw used, I'd gladly upgrade to a newer model with LSA.

Comment

HD emailed me stating the grinder and jigsaw should be available next month!

Comment

HD emailed me stating the grinder and jigsaw should be available next month!
                      And what about the ....Impact wrench????

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        And what about the ....Impact wrench????
                        Nothing... no SDS either... booooooooo

Comment

Bob, I have that Ryobi grinder and never knew the bast swiveled! Thanks

Hey Frank, is that base or bast ard ?? :-)
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Hey Frank, is that base or bast ard ?? :-)
                            Typo corrected, now what about that Impact Wrench???

Comment

Typo corrected, now what about that Impact Wrench???
                              you dont seem at all excited about the two new tools! This should at least give you hope

Comment

Working...
                              X