Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement - depends who you call for service!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement - depends who you call for service!

I bought an 8 piece RIDGID 18V combo kit in 2008. Fast forward to 2013-> These great tools have helped me put milk and bread on my table for five years without a problem - awesome!

I noticed a couple of months ago that my batteries weren't holding a charge that well. I have always been diligent and registered my tools for the LSA so I called the local authorized RIDGID service depot to inquire about repair/replacement. The owner of the repair shop said no problem, just bring your tools, batteries and charger in and I'll test them for you. I'm thinking, pal you don't have to test anything for me, my batteries aren't holding a charge anymore and I need two new batteries per the LSA please.

So I ask the fellow how long he'll need my tools because I really need them for work. He replied, "Ya you and the 50 other guys ahead of you. If you drop them off in the next couple of days I might be able to get to them in a week or two." Seriously? I was not impressed and did not follow up with him.

Anyway, long story short, I've been limping along on one good battery and two very tired ones for awhile now so yesterday I decided to call a different authorized repair depot over on the other side of town. I explained my situation to the woman that answered the phone and asked her how I go about obtaining service for these batteries. She said, "No problem, what's your RIDGID customer number?" I gave her my customer number and she very quickly confirmed my name, address and phone number, then asked me for the numbers off the two problematic batteries which I gave her. She confirmed that my two batteries were covered under the LSA and that I could expect to see two new batteries in my mailbox in 5 to 7 days. She reminded me to be sure to register them upon receipt so they would also be covered under the LSA. Wow, now I'm impressed!

The RIDGID LSA rocks, (depending on who you call, that is)! It pays off to take 10 minutes and register your tools within 90 days of purchase for the LSA.
    "Good enough" isn't really "good"...

Re: RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement - depends who you call for service!

Glad it worked out for you. I also agree, some of these tool centers are somewhat lacking in customer service. Personally I don't view this as a reflection on Ridgid as they don't own these independent centers. From what I hear, these tool centers don't feel compensated enough to help you with the LSA. Too short sighted to realize by not helping you with one thing, they don't get a chance with another more profitable issue as you take your business else where.

So did you get the new Li-ion batteries? How do you like them vs your older Ni-cads?
    Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 05-02-2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
      So did you get the new Li-ion batteries? How do you like them vs your older Ni-cads?
      Haven't received the new batteries yet - should be about the middle of next week if all goes well.

Comment

how do you find your customer # ?

Comment

Have you set up an account with RIDGID?

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetarian View Post
            Haven't received the new batteries yet - should be about the middle of next week if all goes well.
            Received my new batteries yesterday -> 2.5maH ni cads. Took two weeks. Now all I have to do is call RIDGID to register the new S/N's and they're covered under the LSA!

Comment

if so, has been a long time ago. will look into that.............

i did register batteries when i bought drill. had the lifetime battery thing going on then.
              found it.
              Last edited by eightball; 05-18-2013, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eightball View Post
                if so, has been a long time ago. will look into that.............

i did register batteries when i bought drill. had the lifetime battery thing going on then.
                Go here https://register.ridgidpower.com/customer_session/new and login to your account. If you can't remember your password just click that option and you should receive an email shortly with a new one

Comment

found it. thx

Comment

Working...
                  X