Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collet for 2HP Router R2901 / R29302(kit)

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with the collets for the R2901 2HP router.

Here's the issue: The collet nut keeps breaking, see attached pic.

- I have gone thru several of them already and Ridgid just keeps sending me new ones. Good service and all but pain in the butt everytime I have to wait a week or more for the new part. What I have noticed is that the nut is cast instead of machined from solid steel. I am not certain but it appears to me that the nut from the previous model, (R2900), is machined from steel. The replacement part for the R2901 is #201389001, (~$17), where as the replacement part for the R2900 is #200150003, (~$35).

-Has anyone experienced this issue and does anyone know if the the R2900 part is machined from steel and if it fits the R2901?

CHeers,
    Attached Files

Re: Collet for 2HP Router R2901 / R29302(kit)

Collet Assembly (1/2 In) [200150003] - $33.51 at eReplacementParts.com

This website lists the same part number for both models.

I do wonder if you might be over tightening.

Comment

I don't think I am overtightening. Is there a tourqe spec to which the nut should be tightened? I am only tightening the nut until bit would not turn by hand and then tighten just a wee bit more. I also tried not tightening a wee bit more but the bit comes loose after a few seconds of use. Seems to me like you should be able to sinch the nut fairly firm and not be worried about spliting the nut.. I'll measure the torque I am using as soon as I get my replacement part. In the mean time is anyone knows what torque should be used on the nut that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

In my opinion you'd have to really try hard to overdo it. Especially with the provided wrenches.

I hope the other info was helpful.

Comment

Working...
        X