Reset switch problem on my radial arm saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset switch problem on my radial arm saw

I have a RS1000 ridged radial arm saw. The reset switch will not reset. I jump a wire to bypass and the saw runs. I only did this for a second. It would run on either of the two wires I touched to the wire from the power switch. I can not find the reset switch on any schematic to order the part. I would appreciate any help. Thank you for looking.
    Last edited by Fourwildlife; 05-13-2013, 04:51 AM.

Re: Reset switch problem on my radial arm saw

The motor assembly it appears is treated as a part in the manual. It is BOM item #61 on page 73 of 80 in the online owners manual.
    If you notice there is the following note below the parts list on page 73;

* Any attempt to repair this motor may create a HAZARD unless repair is done by a qualified service technician. Contact your nearest Service Center.

This is what leads me to believe they don't want to sell the piece parts for the motor, probably a libality issue, and only list the complete motor.
    But you should be able to find a reset button from a similar motor elsewhere, maybe at a local electric motor shop.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Thank you bob!

Comment

I found the switch and wow 49 bucks and 4 days delivery!

Comment

where was this part found? may be helpful top other owners.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

It was a local motor shop. They said it was manufactured by a Tandy corporation ! But I know they are shipping it from California.

Comment

do you know the brand and part number?

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                do you know the brand and part number?
                Finial cost 60.86 with shipping and tax! The switch was the problem! It tested positive conductivity whether holding the button down or not. I knew it was bad when I jumped past it. There are different voltages for different models. My part number was on the part plain as day, CGJ64CA, the manufacture was Klixon. I have my saw fixed, but if it were to ever go bad again, I would try to find Klixon on the net and order directly from them.

Comment

thanks. i'm sure there are others who will find this useful info in the future.

Comment

Too bad you didn't know that sooner. In a couple seconds I found this site which has them for $26

Klixon Motor Protectors
                    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
                    X