Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid R4510 Portable Table Saw - NO SWITCH KEY

Hi ther all,

I am new here, as I just purchased my first piece of Ridgid equipment.
    It is a brand new 4510 portable table saw.

It listed at Home Depot for $499, and I was able to use the HF 20% cupon at the local HD closest to the local HF store, and got it for $399.

I was thrilled, got it home, assembled the stand, mounted the saw, then raised the blade and tried to start it up, and nothing. I looked again in the manual and see that there was supposed to be a Switch Key, but I never found it in the packaging.

QUESTION: How does the switch key work, and can I get one somewhere? I have found them on-line for around $1 each, but they are all on backorder. This is really dissapointing.

Thanks for any and all comments on this issue,
    Roger
    Last edited by herkulese; 05-16-2013, 07:05 AM.

Re: New Ridgid R4510 Portable Table Saw - NO SWITCH KEY

It's simple, go to the store you purchased it from. Talk to the tool manager and he should be able to get you a key from another tool or stock. There should be no need to return the entire tool or purchase another key.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Re: New Ridgid R4510 Portable Table Saw - NO SWITCH KEY

As has been said go back and talk to the manager at the store. They should be able to simply take one from current stock.

If they can't or will not simply call Ridgid and explain the new saw didn't have one in the box. They should send out a replacement the next day. I've had good luck with them.

I got my R4512 home, assembled and noticed I was missing the 2 black hooks that hold the fence on the side of the saw. Gave them a quick call, told them I was missing the items and didn't want the hassle of returning the entire saw. They said they would ship out 2 replacements right away and asked if there was anything else they could do for me. I replied that instead of 2 they could send me 4 so I could mount the other 2 on the other side.

They did! I received the 4 hooks 3 days later. I now hang the fence on the left side, miter on the right and have 2 extra hooks below that.

Comment

SOLVED - Re: New Ridgid R4510 Portable Table Saw - NO SWITCH KEY

I went home last night and decided to take another look thru the box and packing, but still found no switch key.
        Then I decided to clean off my work bench and there it was, a bright yellow piece of plastic that I just didn't recognize as anything important.
        I sure don't remember it coming out of any of the bags, although it had to have done so.

I put it in place, pluged in the power cord, flipped the switch, and what do you know, it started right up.

I did find a place that had a few in stock for 80 cents each, so I ordered a couple, and will keep them with all my other spare keys, so if I loose it, I will not be stranded till I can get another.

Thanks for the comments,
        Roger
        Last edited by herkulese; 05-16-2013, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Re: SOLVED - Re: New Ridgid R4510 Portable Table Saw - NO SWITCH KEY

Glad you have it all sorted out. Welcome to the forum. Stick around and learn from all the great people here
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Re: SOLVED - Re: New Ridgid R4510 Portable Table Saw - NO SWITCH KEY

Yea, now that I have it running, I absolutely love this table saw.
            I bought a Marples laser cut 10" 50 tooth combo blade, and made severallong rip cuts thru some 3/4 poplar plywood, and it cut so smooth that Icouldn't really hear any change in sound from the saw running empty, to when itwas actually cutting.
            The rip fence is an absolute joy, and so easy to tune to the blade, and the way the stand folds down is just to cool.
            No buyer’s remorse here at all.

Comment

Re: SOLVED - New Ridgid R4510 Portable Table Saw - NO SWITCH KEY

Originally posted by herkulese View Post
              It listed at Home Depot for $499, and I was able to use the HF 20% cupon at the local HD closest to the local HF store, and got it for $399.
              Home Depot will honor Harbor Freight coupons? I have a HF within half a mile of my HD. How did you use the coupon successfully?

Comment

Working...
              X