R4512 Table Saw Throat Plate Question:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 Table Saw Throat Plate Question:

Does the orange throat plate just sit in its proper place asshown in the manual or should it be screwed down? The plate’s holes align with holes in thetable but the provided screws (I assume) have tapered heads which won’t work dueto the holes in the plate aren’t countersunk. Therefore, they would not be flushwith the plate top. Help Please!

Re: R4512 Table Saw Throat Plate Question:

As far as I know, the throat plate rests on top of those screws. They are merely there to adjust the height of the throat plate to make it level with the table itself. Counter clockwise turn should raise the screws and logically, the throat plate. I haven't made this adjustment yet myself since my new R4512 is upside down being assembled in the garage.

Fred

Comment

Fred, thanks for the feedback. That's what I kinda thought but the holes in the Throat Plate seems to be there for a reason. I wish the manual was more specific.
      Stan

Comment

Np. The holes probably allow for adjustment while the throat plate is still installed, which makes it quicker than having to remove it during the process.

Fred

Comment

You may be right. I am away from my home now so cannot check but I'm wondering if the holes are large enough for a phillips screwdriver will fit through. Anyway, that makes good sense to me. Maybe when you get your saw turned over you will se what I am talking about. I feel kinda dumb even asking but hey.... I didnt know. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X