RIDGID Pressure Washer Pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Pressure Washer Pump

I bought a used Ridgid pressure washer model RD80746. The pressure washer works great but to me it doesn't feel like it's putting out the 3000 psi it's rated at. It has the axial pump on it and im considering just buying a new pump for it. Im not sure if the pumps actually wear out to a point that they loose pressure but when operating the gun doesn't push back with much force. I've noticed also when cleaning wooden porches or concrete I have to keep the tip about 2 inches from the surface to clean it good. Is there a way to test the psi output? If I buy a new pump what else will I need to make it work?

Re: RIDGID Pressure Washer Pump

pumps do wear out. if they dont flay the skin off a finger, or feel like it has much back pressure (much safer test) it may need replacing. check also to see if the gun or nozzle end is plugged with debris.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Re: RIDGID Pressure Washer Pump

The RD80746 used an AR axial cam pump (part number 309515001) that is no longer available as a replacement. The substitute pump is a Himore axial cam (part number 309515003). It's a straight-up bolt on replacement but you will need to use the quick connector from the old pump. You can purchase it at Amazon.com for under $75, which is far less than it would cost to rebuild your existing pump.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
      X