hand and power tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand and power tools

I have used RIDGID plumbing handtools for some 40 years(wrenches, snakes, threaders and tappers, reamers, vises, etc.) I have NEVER had a problem with any of them.

Power tools - In particular, woodworking tools. I.E.- Table saw and band saw. In 2004 I bought a 14" floor model band saw. From day one could not get it to cut an accurate pattern. Always wants to drift.
    I balanced the wheels to run perfect true with a dial gauge. I bought high end roller guides and blade blocks. Tried all sizes of blades and several makes of commercial/industrial made like Starret. I ended up selling it for half of what I paid and bought a Jet. Out of the box it was perfect.

Soon after that I bought a RIDGID TS24000 table saw s/n 01129P0094. I have just burnt through a second motor. The first one lasted about two years and died. RIDGID would not warranty it. So I paid some $280.. for a motor. Now the second one is dead. I now Consider it junk and will not buy another power tool from RIDGID. They do not support their warranty claim of Lifetime Service Agreement. It reads "This unprecidented protection covers ALL defects in workmanship or materials and normal wear items for the lifetime of the original tool owner. Items covered include: Power Tools - brushes, chucks, motors, switches, cords, gears, and even BATTERIES." BULLSH#T !!!!!
    I am a homeowner/hobbiest. Cutting only pine and cedar for crafts. Keep the saw clean and vacumn after every use. it is barely 6 years old. Brushes shattered and ruptured a vein on the armature. You cannot buy the armature, brushed are obsolete and Ridgid wants $456.00 for a new motor now. That is more than I paid for the saw and stand together! I think not.
    Looking into a Jet or a Grizzley for a replacement saw.
    Posting everywhere I can to NOT BUY RIDGID POWER TOOLS. BAD VALUE AND SERVICE.
    The hand tools are still great though.

Re: hand and power tools

A one post hater. You make all these claims about quality and customer service across their entire line yet have only owned two of their power tools... you state the batteries are "BULLSH#T" yet by your own admission you do not own a ridgid battery. Yeah your a real credible source for information on Ridgid Tools.

Comment

what type of engineer are you?

Cactus Man

Comment

Welcome to the Forum! Hope you are not here to hit and run but rather to stay a while and participate. In all fairness to Ridgid, most of the tools, power tools, machines, appliances and parts we are getting from china are junk and will not hold up very long if at all! Your experience with Ridgid may be valid, unfortunately you may not have much better luck anywhere else. The problem is very widespread and more and more people are seeing this as their tools, allpiances and so forth literally fall apart. The refridgerator, dishwasher and micorwave that used to last twenty years, now lasts five to ten if you're lucky. The switch on my hayward pool pump lasted a season or two. I hope you pursue your complaint with the folks at Rigid, but be prepared for more and more failures across the scope of your posessions. Frank

Comment

Huh, I have a TS2400 and have had it for over 6 years, it has been beaten to snot, over loaded, rained on, snowed on, and dropped... Its still going and just was retired to the cabin of one of our contractor friends last week. Only reason it went to the cabin is that he dropped his R4510 down 4 steps and broke the cabinet. He bought a new R4510 to replace it and gave me the broken one in trade for the old TS2400. Bought a new cabinet for a 100.00 bucks. So, for 100 bucks, I got basically a brand new saw as it was only a year old. I have over 100 Ridgid power tools in my arsenal and the only thing I would never buy again is the orbital sander as I have had two just puke out on me. I have gripes with Ridgid, don't get me wrong... discontinued blades for the R888 cordless planer for one, or maybe the lack of an arsenal of cordless tools that other makers have available. Ehem, 1/2" impact wrench.... ehem. I want to know why they denied you repair on the saw, did you register it correctly?

Comment

BTW, why buy an entire motor assembly, find a local motor repair shop, they should be able to repair the armature for A LOT less than 400+ dollars.

Comment

Also, does the R4510 armature here Armature Assembly [089037004712] - $118.79 at eReplacementParts.com look familiar to the TS2400? The brushes might be similar as well, take a look at least, maybe call Ridgid or Ereplacementparts.com about measuring the brushes from the R4510 to see if the dimensions are the same.

Comment

Working...
              X