Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryobi P320 18ga Brad Nailer... modified!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi P320 18ga Brad Nailer... modified!

Yup, I liked this nailer so much, not only did I modify one, but 4 of them!

This gun is actually quite impressive and I'm really disappointed Ridgid didn't get it first, but oh well. It uses a piston in the silver cylinder, and inside that cylinder is a 1.25" cylinder that houses the driver piston. The only thing I don't like is that it basicly times out if you hold the safety down for more than a few seconds. But that's really the only down side. The driver does stick in hardwoods (doesn't allow the driver to fully retract) from time to time, but its not that big of a deal, just pull the trigger, bump the safety and it resets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	44ca060a1469e837fd83f3efaef05dd5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	329.3 KB
ID:	17581

Re: Ryobi P320 18ga Brad Nailer... modified!

How did you modify the guns?

Thanks,
    Dan

Comment

Looks like he's added an adapter to another make battery, probably ridgid.
      Only reason to do that would be so all his power tools use the same battery I guess.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob is correct. Gave up on making an adapter that was removable and opted to attach it permanently. Its the base of the older flash lights. I soldered wires directly to the battery contacts in the gun, and shaped the flashlight base so that it fit snug on the base of the nailer. Then attached it with 2 screws. Works great.

Comment

So you really like that nailer. What are they asking for the bare tool?
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          ---------
          ---------

Comment

Bob, its only 129.00 for the bare tool. I have many Ridgid batteries and chargers. I only have 2 ryobi batteries so I tried it out, and liked it so much that it got modified permanently. Now... if only it was a simple modification to make it a stapler....

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              Bob, its only 129.00 for the bare tool. I have many Ridgid batteries and chargers. I only have 2 ryobi batteries so I tried it out, and liked it so much that it got modified permanently. Now... if only it was a simple modification to make it a stapler....
              Ryobi used to have a stapler in their line up didn't they? Back in the blue days I think.
              ---------------
              ---------------
              ---------
              ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                Ryobi used to have a stapler in their line up didn't they? Back in the blue days I think.
                I was thinking more along the lines of a 1/4" narrow crown stapler.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                  I was thinking more along the lines of a 1/4" narrow crown stapler.
                  Yes, that would be nice.
                  ---------------
                  ---------------
                  ---------
                  ---------

Comment

Working...
                  X