X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V Lithium Batteries fail again.

Drill driver & impact driver kit. One battery failed on the third charge it cost me a $20 handling charge to get a 'free replacement'. Now the other has failed on the job site 550 miles from base in a very remote area. This is not convenient my tools have to work!

I have 5 cordless drills and two drivers. Only Ridgid have failed me.
    Over the years my many tools have ended up moving towards Milwauke and I like them! Also have some good Bosch tools. Perhaps no coincidence that the companies are related?

The Ridgid warranty is cumbersome, slow & not free in my experience so far.

I am stuck wth one battery in a remote area, this slows me down and costs me money.
    Will never rely on Ridgid again!

Re: 18V Lithium Batteries fail again.

WTF is up with the one post bitchers as of late? BTW, I have over 2 dozen of the new hyper-lithium 18v 1.5ah batteries and 3 3.0ah batteries, not one has failed. The original lithium batteries w/out the fuel gauge, yeah, they suck. But everyone has been replaced under warranty in less than... 2 minutes at my local Home Depot's tool rental bench.

What model driver/drill do you have?

And, BTW, Bosch and Milwaukee have ZERO ties to each other. The Milwaukee and Ridgid tools have a lot in common, their both made by TTI, and use a lot of the same parts. The battery your complaining about (if the newer hyper-lithium model) has the exact same internals as your beloved Milwaukee red-lithium battery... exact same internals.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      WTF is up with the one post bitchers as of late? BTW, I have over 2 dozen of the new hyper-lithium 18v 1.5ah batteries and 3 3.0ah batteries, not one has failed. The original lithium batteries w/out the fuel gauge, yeah, they suck. But everyone has been replaced under warranty in less than... 2 minutes at my local Home Depot's tool rental bench.

What model driver/drill do you have?

And, BTW, Bosch and Milwaukee have ZERO ties to each other. The Milwaukee and Ridgid tools have a lot in common, their both made by TTI, and use a lot of the same parts. The battery your complaining about (if the newer hyper-lithium model) has the exact same internals as your beloved Milwaukee red-lithium battery... exact same internals.

Most happy people go on their merry way it's the ones that get pizzed off that look for revenge such as leaving negative reviews and posts.

Do good work for someone and they might tell one of their friends, make them mad and they tell everyone they can.

Comment

My drill is R86007 1/2inch 18V. Batteries are not hyper lithium, no gauge. Home Depot would not help but directed me to an independent service centre on the edge of town who order a new battery, charge $20 handling and takes 2 weeks!

To explain why I am a 'one post bitcher' as you so politely put it. This is my first post because I'm pissed. I rarely use forums for advice on choice but do for reliability. My many choices over the years have been generally good, until now!

Glad to hear the hyper lithium are good for you, I bought a bunch (4) for my Milwakee 18V stuff at half less than half the Ridgid battery price!

So you agree the original lithium batterys are poor! Cordless tools are all about the battery for longevity, one reason I like to plug in where possible.

Why you have 2 dozen batteries escapes me, they don`t take that long to charge! You have a dozen employees perhaps.

Comment

I'm glad you responded! Most one posters as of late, complain and never return... almost like an attack and then leave. Yes, those original lithiums sucked, I have no problem with admitting that. I have 3 brothers and my dad, and many kits of cordless tools, hence why so many batteries.

Comment

Bronze Age Man, welcome to the Forum. Sorry about your bad experience. You have every right to post your experience and we all welcome another professional. It does get frustrating when folks hit and run because unlike many other manufacturers Ridgid has a Forum, so it's open to some pretty harsh comments. There is no doubt that things could be improved, manufacturing defects happen as well as problems caused by customers. I hope you have better luck with the relacement, and I hope you stop in from time to time and share your thoughts on other subjects. There are a lot of decent folks here and some interesting discussions. Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank I will try & do that!

Comment

BAM, sorry, I didnt mean to snap at ya, just a lot of one post complainers that never give the whole story and never come back or post anything else. I hope you enjoy the forum and learn and teach as well.

Comment

Working...
                X