X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pneumatic Hoses

Any recommendations for good hoses. I had a cheap one from Harborfreight which I used to run nailers for nailing trim, lath etc. It sprang a leak at the crimped connection at the tool end and would start leaking air when bent at certain angles

I took it apart and realized it was not repairable.

I bought a hose from HD that looked better constructed and now I have exactly the same problem with this one.

I just need a good hose that does not spring leaks.

Re: Pneumatic Hoses

always got mine at lowes. but stay away from the pvc hoses. the harder plastic always gives me hellish problems and they dont seem to coil as nicely as the rubber ones.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by blue_can View Post
      Any recommendations for good hoses. I had a cheap one from Harborfreight which I used to run nailers for nailing trim, lath etc. It sprang a leak at the crimped connection at the tool end and would start leaking air when bent at certain angles

I took it apart and realized it was not repairable.

I bought a hose from HD that looked better constructed and now I have exactly the same problem with this one.

I just need a good hose that does not spring leaks.
      How is a air hose made that the end can not be replaced or repaired?

I have had very good luck withe black good year hose that was sold by harbor freight. (I have soime that near 20 yers old) yes some have had the ends repaired or replaced,

I dis like the pvc and the coil hoses.

even the chinese made red rubber hoses by HF have served me well, jsut not as long lasting, (5 to 7 years). one on my hose reel is showing some wear, but still doing good, in the shop.

NO I AM NOT saying buy HF hoses but some are OK.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

A 1/4" hose barb x 1/4" mip should be all you need. Most welding supply houses can crimp a hose fitting on. Or just use a small hose clamp. Even a pex ring can work with a crimper.

Some of the higher cost parker hose use crimp free push on barbs.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I bought a 3/8" x 50' Goodyear hose from Home Depot for about $30. Works great and has lasted nearly 10 years but without very heavy use. My biggest complaint: when it's cold, it's as stiff as a board.

Comment

Legacy Flexzilla hose is by far my favorite.
            You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
              How is a air hose made that the end can not be replaced or repaired?

I have had very good luck withe black good year hose that was sold by harbor freight. (I have soime that near 20 yers old) yes some have had the ends repaired or replaced,

I dis like the pvc and the coil hoses.

even the chinese made red rubber hoses by HF have served me well, jsut not as long lasting, (5 to 7 years). one on my hose reel is showing some wear, but still doing good, in the shop.

NO I AM NOT saying buy HF hoses but some are OK.
              Maybe my original post was confusing - I did not mean the fitting could not be replaced - I just could not see how to fix the fitting that was already on there. And while I can understand repairing an old hose it's a bit ridiculous to have the connection go bad after just a few uses. I could spend my time getting new fitting and fixing but I would rather start off by buying a hose that is going to last for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by King Dork View Post
                Legacy Flexzilla hose is by far my favorite.
                +1
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

We have a 1/2 dozen of the yellow flexible hoses from home depot.

Amflo, 1/4 in. x 50 ft. Premium Polyurethane Air Hose with Field Repairable Ends and Fittings, 16-50E at The Home Depot - Mobile

I won't use anything other than polyurethane hoses. They are light, don't mark up trim and walls, and if the time is taken to coil them up correctly and in coil them, they are the best IMHO. I've bought the cheaper polyurethane hoses and they were great for a few years, then fell apart. We've had the yellow ones now for 4-5 years and they still look like new, no leaks. I'll also never buy anything over 50', its pointless and makes coiling up a pain w/ anything longer.

Comment

I've only used quality rubber hoses up to this point, but my next hose will be a polyurethane. I've just been trying to decide which. Lowes has a green Hitachi and HD has a blue amflo at the same price. I'll have to look over the gold one alpha linked. PVC hoses suck.

Comment

My brother bought a Hitachi one from Lowes a few years ago, it sucked. It got hard, wouldn't coil up worth chit and leaked at the ends. Tossed in the trash a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X