Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Help! R4331 Planer Sounds Jammed (Video)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! R4331 Planer Sounds Jammed (Video)

Changed planer blades this afternoon. While doing so, two of the screws on the cutter head became stripped. Was able to extract one, the other is still screwed in. Now the planer sounds like it's jamming when powered on. Checked for obstructions and didn't see any. The cutter head turns to change blades but not when powered on. Just watch the video and see for yourself. Anybody have some troubleshooting? Thanks!

Re: Help! R4331 Planer Sounds Jammed (Video)

What video?

Comment

without seeing it (the cutter head) i would probably guess that the blade is creeping out of the slot
      or the screw is jammed against something
      if the screw holes are stripped you need to order a new cutter head (you cannot repair the screw hole with heli coil because the head would be severely unbalanced)
      shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Have you installed the dust hood after changing the blades? it has to be installed to push on the cutter head lock release lever.

Comment

Defiantly something has the cutter head jammed or locked from turning.

As MAS said did you have the top cover on when you shot that video and if so maybe the interlock is not properly engaged.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X