X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v LITHIUM DRILL/DRIVER LSA Question

I went in and dropped off my 12v Drill Driver to the local service center due to the batteries flashing defective, but I noticed the the Charger and batteires aren't listed under my registration only the drill is even though this was bought as a combo. I didn't even see any serial numbers on the batteries only the dates codes. Any one have any issues having the batteries replaced ? The charger shares the same serial number as the drill.

Re: 12v LITHIUM DRILL/DRIVER LSA Question

If you bought them as a "combo", you should not have a problem... though you may have to get things straightened out with Ridgid Customer support. There should be a record that shows the batteries and charger were in fact part of the combo purchase.

When I bought a couple of combos, I noticed that they did NOT show up properly on my "Dashboard" (agree, it's a stupid name); so, I had to call Customer Support. Whenever I register for the LLSA, I type up a letter-like page which documents all of the pertinent contact information as well as each and every item contained in the "combo", giving each item's model number and the specific serial number.

I hope this helps and good luck,

CWS

Comment

It was the combo when the drill first came out 2 batt's charger and drill. I would think the serial number would indicate it was a kit, but every other tool lists batt's charger and drill seperate, I still have my receipt it need, but I guess I will find out something in a few days from the repair center.

Comment

The date code on the battery and charge should be similar to the date code on the drill. If it's too far out they won't accept it as being part of the combo. Should be within a month or so difference between the pieces.

Comment

i believe the s/n identifies the pieces as part of a kit. if you were to look at the same drill bought al-a-cart the prefix on the serial number would be different. same goes for batteries, those sold with a kit and those sold individually have different s/n prefixes even though they have the same model number. this is my guess as to how it works, i might be wrong but from the few batteries i have this seems to bear out. maybe someone who has a large number of batteries or tools would be better able to decipher the code in the serial number composition.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

If you are talking about the 12-Volt Li-Ion model R82007, I just looked at mine and the serial number of both the batteries are the same, and only one number sequence off from the SN on the drill.... so, I think it would be fairly clear that they were part of the same combo. I have never had to buy separate batteries, but I do believe the numbers are clearly identified that they are separate purchases... which are not covered by (and not registerable for) the LLSA.

CWS

Comment

makes you wonder, me anyway, if the battery is the weak link in the tool lineup. you pay $99 for a battery alone and can't register it under the LLSA, but buy it in a kit where when you allow for the value of the tools and the battery value would seem to be nill, and its covered.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              ---------
              ---------

Comment

Actually I've always looked at it like you are buying batteries and getting a tool cheap.

Comment

Just wanted to follow up as I went and picked up my 12v drill today. There where no issues and batteries were replaced with the newer hyper lithum battery packs. One does looks a little dirty probably refurbed , but as long as it works and ridgid continues to stand behins the LSA I am ok with that.

Comment

I recently had my sander replaced, and it was a refurb model. Works just fine. Make sure you register your "new to you" tool within 90 days to keep your LSA status.

Comment

Originally posted by franklin pug View Post
                      Make sure you register your "new to you" tool within 90 days to keep your LSA status.
                      I think this was asked not too long ago, but I don't remember the answer. Do replacement tools and batteries gian LLSA status/protection when they replace the original item, or do they have their own warranty which does not include LSA coverage? I'm asking because I thought someone was upset because their replacement tool or battery (don't remember which) was not covered under the LSA. Might have been a year or 18 months back when it came up.
                      ---------------
                      ---------------
                      ---------
                      ---------

Comment

If a serialized piece of equipment with LSA status is ever replaced, the customer has 90 days to call 1-866-539-1710 and re-register that piece of equipment. Proof of replacement required. Pieces of eligible equipment that are not re-registered within 90 days of replacement are not covered by the Lifetime Service Agreement.
                        If a serialized piece of equipment without LSA status is ever replaced, the 3-year limited warranty period on the replacement piece of equipment starts from the original date of purchase, not the date of replacement. Note that for this same reason, the serial code of a replacement piece of equipment cannot be used to verify warranty. For batteries and chargers, if the receipt is not available, and the battery/charger serial code differs from the tool console more than 12 weeks, the battery/charger was not sold with the console and therefore the origin of the battery/charger cannot be verified. In this case, the tool serial code must be used to verify warranty, NOT the battery/charger serial code. Note that the replacement of all accessory batteries and chargers must have a receipt to verify warranty status since these items are not sold with a tool console in a kit.
                        If a serialized piece of equipment is ever replaced under the Recon Limited Warranty, the 1- year limited warranty period on the replacement piece of equipment starts from the original date of purchase, not the date of replacement. Original receipt is required to verify warranty status.

Comment

Working...
                        X