Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did You Know RIDGID/TTI Has A New 12" SCMS?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Know RIDGID/TTI Has A New 12" SCMS?

I didn't but according to WOOD Magazine they do. Model MS1290LZA. The person who tested it gave it a pretty good rating except for the laser feature.

EDIT: Isn't that the same model number as the one that was discontinued a few years back?
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 07-12-2013, 12:14 PM.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: Did You Know RIDGID/TTI Has A New 12" SCMS?

I found that model listed on the HD website currently for sale for $549, but yes I believe that is the same model from a few years back.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I think the MS1290LZA goes back at least to 2008. I have a couple of reviews of the saw from that year.

Six or eight months ago I asked a Home Depot "pro desk" employee why they no longer had the Ridgid 12" slider. He claimed that the saw was pulled from stock because Ridgid wanted to push their brand new 10" slider, and that H.D. had decided to devote the space to DeWalt's 12" slider because it was a much better seller. He mentioned that the Ridgid saw would continue to be available online, along with several Ryobi tools that weren't in the Home Depot stores. He said that Ridgid's 12" slider might be brought back, depending on the success/failure of the 10" slider.

I never know how much I can believe from those guys, but that was his story.

Dan

Comment

Dan, I think you're probably right and it is a rerelease of the same saw. After looking at the picture of the saw in WOOD Magazine and one of the previously discontinued model in an older RIDGID catalog I have, they do appear to be identical. The specs also appear to be the same so WOOD's referring to this SCMS as "Ridgid's newest mitersaw" is more than likely not correct.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I've had my SCMS1290LZA for about three years now. I've experienced no issues to speak off. Very satisfied with it.

Ron

Comment

Working...
          X