Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brushless motors are coming, is this going to be X5?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brushless motors are coming, is this going to be X5?

Well, looky what I found today, looks like Ridgid will be getting brushless motors after all. Here is the AEG model of the Hammer drill that has just been released. I'm guessing x5 will be the name for this next line and will hit the shelves this fall just in time for the Holiday season... what ya'll think?

http://www.aegpowertools.com.au/prod...mmers/BSB18B0/

Click image for larger version

Name:	c0442ab1cc8db1bae40a6049a83544b8.png
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	17658

Re: Brushless motors are coming, is this going to be X5?

Maybe the Xstasy line of tools...
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

That's 700inch lbs of torque! Imagine what the 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench will be

Comment

I just don't see a full line of brushless tools, perhaps it will be the X5 as an example, coming in at a similar price point to the previous kits, X4, X3 etc. This is why I don't see the X5 lineup with this technology. I would love to see it but I am not holding my breath on it. I personally feel the higher price will make any offering of a brushless motor tool either an independent offering like the Feugo tools were or possibly offered in higher end kits not badged the X5. If you look at all the previous kits, it would seem the Xseries kits were marketed at a specific market who doesn't mind mid level tools. The nature of that market I feel would not support any extra cost even though the quality of tools would be much higher.

Milwaukee as an example, have released a whole line of brushless tools and for the most part the price point was almost double the price of the regular tools. They still sell their regular tool but with the higher price I would wager it is more higher end professionals purchasing these newer brushless motor tools and not your average handyman, home owner single op trade person etc.

Comment

Doubters didn't see a cordless grinder coming from Ridgid, but it happened! Don't look for Ridgid to do things that makes sense, they have a different agenda. I'm not your average home owner, or anything else for that matter. I am at the ready to buy a brushless kit if a 1/2inch heavy duty impact wrench is offered. These brushless tools will be extraordinary, and together we will have amazing adventures. Crowds of onlookers will marvel at the power of these tools and the hyper-lithium batteries that power them.History shall be made!

Comment

BTW Frank, your going to hate me... I have another surprise coming this week... just about ready to scream "its alive". lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              BTW Frank, your going to hate me... I have another surprise coming this week... just about ready to scream "its alive". lol
              Alpha, please don't over stimulate Frank, I'm not sure his heart can handle another let down

Comment

Pretty sure there is a copyright issue with x5, so x6 it is I think. Plus new 4 and 2 ah bats on way! My personal prediction is a new tool less multitool head, and a mini circ saw for jobmax too. Not sure bout Frankie's impact, hope so though

Comment

Remember "Hope is a good thing, perhaps the best thing!"

Comment

I mean really, why can't we get a power sink drain cleaning head for the jobmax?

I think its about time. What say you??

It won't replace the K-45 but some HO/DIY will buy it and that's all that counts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bcb5703500d6897bc591069227fcaeb1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	17659
                    Last edited by Bob D.; 07-15-2013, 09:39 PM.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X