Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA Question

Hi All,

I'm curious if Ridgid has changed their policy for registering for the LSA. Two weeks ago I purchased and Impact Driver/Drill combo kit. I registered online and filled out all of the paperwork. The envelope is sitting on my desk. I haven't mailed it yet. Today I received an email from Ridgid letting me know my LSA registration has been verified. I logged in and sure enough it said Lifetime warranty. I'm still going to drop my paperwork in the mail but I just found this to be odd.

Thanks!

Re: LSA Question

You must be the luckiest person on the planet................buy a Lottery Ticket immediately!
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

the op's experience is not, shall we say, par for the course with ridgid.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Is it listed on your Dash Board? Are you aware of the Dash Board? It's just that this is not par with the norm.

Ron

Comment

It's been a while since I bought a new RIDGID power tool (maybe 4 months) and I
          noticed yesterday when I registered a new tool that they now ask for your HD receipt number.

Apparently this is to speed up the registration process. It didn't say anything about
          having to send in my receipt or label off the box either.

My dashboard says LSA Pending for this new tool (I bought a R25011 sander to
          replace my 25+ year old Craftsman which still works fine but has no dust collection).

Supposedly in a few days the status should change, we'll see.

When you complete the onlilne registration, you now see this:

Note: LSA Registration Not Complete, Follow Instructions Below

Customer ID number: 0000nnnnnn

Receipt/Order Number: 0123 45 67890 09/07/2013 1234

We appreciate your patience while we confirm your submitted information. Please print a copy of this page and store it along with your receipt and UPC cut out. If your product and/or proof of purchase information provided cannot be confirmed, you will be asked to submit your registration information further to complete the LSA approval process.
          Note: Your tools do not have Lifetime Service Agreement status until product and purchase information can be approved and confirmed by RIDGID. After the approval process is completed.

If your tool needs service in the future, bring your tool to an authorized service center found at www.ridgid.com. Note: If a battery requires service, bring in the battery, charger as well as the tool it was sold with for a proper diagnosis. If a serialized piece of equipment with LSA status is ever replaced, you have 90 days from date of replacement to call 1-866-539-1710 and re-register that piece of equipment. Proof of replacement required. Replacement products that are not re-registered within 90 days of replacement will not maintain LSA status. Also note that if a serialized piece of equipment without LSA status is ever replaced under the 3-Year Limited Warranty, the replacement piece of equipment will be covered by the 3-Year Limited Warranty only for the remaining time prorated from the original date of purchase or the date of manufacture shown on the originally purchased products. In other words, the 3-year limited warranty period does not "restart" from the date of replacement or from the date of manufacture shown on the replacement product’s serial code. Visit http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Power-Tool-Warranty for full details on the RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement and the 3-Year Limited Warranty.

You may track the progress of your registration at: https://register.RIDGIDpower.com

Your sign-in account is:

Call RIDGID at 866-539-1710 if you do not receive an e-mail within 5-7 business days.

So if the above it true and it all goes off smoothly that will be a giant step towards
          improving the LSA registration process. I am happy to see this change being made
          to register the tools, and its got to save them time and money over manually handling
          all that mail, tracking those bits of paper, etc. It's what we have been asking for here
          for some time, and with today's technology pretty simple to implement.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 09-08-2013, 12:02 PM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

That would be a huge improvement over the existing method. I really hope this is a step forward.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
            X