X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid DP1550 stopped working

Been using my my drill press for years and recently when using a hole saw, it bound up. i stopped the press immediately but since then it will not turn back on. the work lite is functional. Is there some type of circuit reset. Of course I checked and did not register it so LSA is not available for me.

Re: Ridgid DP1550 stopped working

WAG..........If it makes no noise at all when turned on then I'd check the switch first.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yup, sounds like a switch to me too.

Comment

when you say check the switch??? I pulled the key out and replaced it. the switch clicks and appears to be functional??? Someone else suggested replacing the motor starting capacitor?

Comment

Is there an overload button on the motor?
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I looked for a overload button immediately but could not find one (this is exactly what I suspected too). I also consulted the owners manual and did not see it in there either. BTW the local tool store tested the capacitor and it was right up there at 220 (and the capacitor is only rated for 200 so it checked out). They did offer to test the motor if I can bring it in - just need to dismantle it and get it there (maybe that will reveal the overload button). thanks for all the replies!

Comment

Working...
            X