X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticky rough trigger on x4 18v impact driver

Hello, I am new to the forum and to ridgid tools. I just purchased a impact and drill combo (that came with a radio) from home depot.
    The pull on the impact driver trigger is quite rough, it catches when I squeeze it and again when I let it out. It's usable but difficult to control the speed. The other brands I have tried do not have this problem. I took the set back and traded it thinking I had a faulty one but the new one does it as well.

I haven't been able to find anyone complaining about this on the forum. I'd like to take the drill apart and see if there are some rough edges that can be smoothed down but I don't want to void the warranty.

Does anyone else have this problem? or have a suggestion?

FYI: i've tried squeezing the trigger a few hundred times to see if it loosened up but it has not.

Re: sticky rough trigger on x4 18v impact driver

Weird, we have 8 or so of the x4 impact drivers, none seem to do this. What's the CS code on the label?

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      Weird, we have 8 or so of the x4 impact drivers, none seem to do this. What's the CS code on the label?
      Hi,
      The box product_id was: R9601
      The impact product_id is: R86034
      and the CS code off the impact itself is: CS12285N150463

What does that tell you?

Comment

You may want to go back to Home Depot and compare the trigger to another one.
        If indeed it's defective ask if they can replace it.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
          You may want to go back to Home Depot and compare the trigger to another one.
          If indeed it's defective ask if they can replace it.

Cactus Man
          Thanks, I dropped it off with the service department at home depot yesterday. They said they will look at it within two weeks and then give me a call.

Comment

Your second one probably was bad too because its from the same batch as they came down the assembly line. Maybe jump ahead or back a few serial numbers and see if you get a good one, or get your money back and buy one at another store, but watch the serial number isn't close to the onenyou have now.

If TTI was any good they would pick up on this thread here and alert manufacturing, and contact you and arrange a working replacement, but that's not how it works, but it COULD ! ! !

If only. That's all it would take to move to number one in the cordless power tool market. I guess the reward is not worth the effort.

Why strive for number one when its so easy to be number three and stillmmake a profit.
            Last edited by Bob D.; 08-07-2013, 04:07 PM.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              If TTI was any good they would pick up on this thread here and alert manufacturing, and contact you and arrange a working replacement, but that's not how it works, but it COULD ! ! !

If only. That's all it would take to move to number one in the cordless power tool market. I guess the reward is not worth the effort.

Why strive for number one when its so easy to be number three and stillmmake a profit.
              Hello Bob, I just wanted to point out that I have been personally contacted through email twice here on the forum in regards to getting tools fixed. I posted an issue I was having with a tool and I was emailed with contact info, a few questions etc so I could get it sorted which in both cases TTI/Ridgid did a great job helping me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
                Hello Bob, I just wanted to point out that I have been personally contacted through email twice here on the forum in regards to getting tools fixed. I posted an issue I was having with a tool and I was emailed with contact info, a few questions etc so I could get it sorted which in both cases TTI/Ridgid did a great job helping me out.
                Hey that's great, glad to hear it. I will retract my statement then and say way to go TTI. I don't expect them to boast about contacting people who report issues here, and I understand why, the forum is not a recognized customer support path, but may be it should/could be. It might be worth a try, creating a seperate forum area for tech support and/or CS and warranty issues. In todays tech rich enviroment, it seems to make sense.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  Your second one probably was bad too because its from the same batch as they came down the assembly line. Maybe jump ahead or back a few serial numbers and see if you get a good one, or get your money back and buy one at another store, but watch the serial number isn't close to the onenyou have now.
                  I talked to home depot today, they ordered a new trigger and said it should be here in a week, then he'll have it replaced within a week after that.

Comment

I got the impact back 3 days ago, the trigger is better than it was but still is not as smooth as any of the other brand impact drivers home depot has on the shelf. I tried two ridgid brand impacts they had out in the store, both felt like mine does with the new trigger so I do not believe it's a problem with my impact. I still plan to keep it because of the LSA. As a side note, I bought a ridgid round head framing nailer for a shed I'm building and it broke after 300 nails, but I started another thread about that.

Comment

Working...
                    X