1/2" Impact coming soon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1/2" Impact coming soon!

Yes, the Ryobi is only 200ftlbs. DeWalt 300ftlbs and Milwaukee 450lbs. I'm a power freak, the more the better. Ridgid claims to be the leader in class regarding power. Let's be optimistic and assume they did not go to all the trouble of offering such a tool and neglect to give it formidable torque! 200ftlbs would be pointless, 300ftlbs would put it in the DeWalt range, but 450ftlbs would put it on par with Milwaukee!
    Personally 300ftlbs would be sufficient for my needs, and if the bare tool comes in around the $150.00 range I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Yes, the Ryobi is only 200ftlbs. DeWalt 300ftlbs and Milwaukee 450lbs. I'm a power freak, the more the better. Ridgid claims to be the leader in class regarding power. Let's be optimistic and assume they did not go to all the trouble of offering such a tool and neglect to give it formidable torque! 200ftlbs would be pointless, 300ftlbs would put it in the DeWalt range, but 450ftlbs would put it on par with Milwaukee!
      Personally 300ftlbs would be sufficient for my needs, and if the bare tool comes in around the $150.00 range I'm in.

Cracks me up when they say "best in class" or invent their own system of measure, marketing guys are hilarious. It's like statistics, they can be assembled to tell whichever story you want!!

Comment

I made several requests for the torque specs on the soon to be released 1/2 inch heavy duty impact wrench, on the Ridgid FaceBook site. I finally got a response through a private message and they gave me the specs for the corded tool! Silly me for even trying.

Update..."Sorry Frank, I can't comment on tools we have not yet launched"
        Big secret, gonna be a surprise, think they're afraid Ryobi, Bosch, DeWalt, Milwaukee, or one of the other cordless tool brands will get sneaky and steal their idea.
        Last edited by Frankiarmz; 08-20-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Btw.....I know why you go by frankiarmz now.

And when do I get some bread?

Comment

If this impact wrench isn't up to snuff, Frank will need to double his daily dosage of Lithium

Comment

I'm already maxed out

Comment

I thought it was a combo corded/cordless tool, much like we talked about here more than once over the years.
                "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Got my answer!
                  Hi Frank! Thanks for your patience and your firm support for RIDGID Power Tools. We are very excited to finally introduce the heavy duty ½” Compact Impact Wrench to you! With a compact size and 300 ft. lbs of torque this tool will handle your toughe...See More

Comment

The key word there being 'finally'

I'm going to name my wrench: FRANK

Comment

The question is "what tool do we need Frank to whine about next?"

Comment

You're on your own, I got what I wanted

Comment

With an attitude like that we'll never get a cordless microwave.

Comment

Cordless microwave? That would put Ridgid out front on the cutting edge But a cordless blender would be handy, and practical for making anything from smoothies to pina coladas. Maybe they could incorporate a led flashlight, radio and battery charger? Nah, I'm happy with the impact!

Comment

Cordless microwave? That would put Ridgid out front on the cutting edge But a cordless blender would be handy, and practical for making anything from smoothies to pina coladas. Maybe they could incorporate a led flashlight, radio and battery charger? Nah, I'm happy with the impact!
                              you forgot the ability to clean drains as well, ( Ok me bad that is a K60 can make shakes) and not a blender that can clean drains,
                              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                              attributed to Samuel Johnson
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I think your first request for the cordless impact wrench was around 2006? Is that right?

Comment

Working...
                                X