X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2" Impact coming soon!

Hey Frank, and everyone else, its coming, no joke! I walked in HD today with my newly modified M18/Ridgid melded frankentool and asked the TTI rep where I could get another. He looked at me stunned and said, wait, I thought those were not out yet... then looked in the upper stock and then at me again, and said wait a minute, those aren't released yet... LOL! He figured it out a couple seconds later, but I baited him into it and he fully acknowledged that it is indeed coming and even thought the one I had was it! Then he asked if I was the guy that posted pics of my tools on here and sure enough, yup, its me! But yeah, they wont let employees post here, which is complete bull crap if you ask me! Anyway, cheers!

Re: 1/2" Impact coming soon!

I know our rep pretty good and will ask him the next time I see him too.

Nice to know they are aware of your work.

Maybe it was what made them take the leap for the new wrench.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I sure hope this isn't a cruel joke

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        I sure hope this isn't a cruel joke
        Nope, I think Ridgid should send us a complimentary one out of respect for pushing the issue.... lol

Comment

Is "pushing the issue" code for "constant whining"? :-)

I've never really been overly interested, but given the difficulty in getting them to produce this tool I would order one immediately...just like I did the grinder.

For me it's mostly about being fair to your loyal customers and being consistent with industry practices. I don't care if we're talking about a powered potato peeler....if makita, dewalt, milwaukee, Bosch, and ryobi make one so should Ridgid.

EDIT
          PICTURE ATTACHED FROM FACEBOOK
          Attached Files
          Last edited by rofl; 08-15-2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

rofl, I really think offering the same tools helps keep Ridgid competitive. I still have not seen the grinder offered at my local home depot?

Comment

They posted a pic on their facebook page. Says late september. Bare tool only is what they say on facebook.

Comment

rofl, I really think offering the same tools helps keep Ridgid competitive. I still have not seen the grinder offered at my local home depot?
                I tease with genuine agreement.

Comment

Anyone care to guess at the torque rating? 300ftlbs would be a good starting point. Christmas in September

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    I know our rep pretty good and will ask him the next time I see him too.

Nice to know they are aware of your work.

Maybe it was what made them take the leap for the new wrench.

Rick.
                    I think it was Franks' whinning that finally wore them down.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

You're welcome Seriously, it was a group effort and if one person made a difference it had to be Alphacowboy! The man actually made the tool, very impressive.

Comment

You're welcome Seriously, it was a group effort and if one person made a difference it had to be Alphacowboy! The man actually made the tool, very impressive.

yeah someone prob showed it at a meeting and said this guy is making us look stupid!!

Comment

I may have.... the reps knew the tool when they saw it and said its been circulated around the office.... lol

Comment

I'm trying to be optimistic, but it looks an awful lot like the ryobi unit which if I recall is only 250ft lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                              I'm trying to be optimistic, but it looks an awful lot like the ryobi unit which if I recall is only 250ft lbs
                              Worse 200 ft #s, hopefully Ridgid was mindful of the competitions products, they usually are. Usually weigh in just below Milwaukee/dewalt/Bosch but well above craftsman/Ryobi etc
                              Last edited by pesciwasp; 08-16-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X