X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know why...

The radio isn't covered by the LSA in the new combo kit?

Re: anyone know why...

My WAG is that it's a buyout item for TTI. Also, where would you take it for service, ABC Tool Repair and Radio Shop?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I just checked my dashboard as I own two and I just realized Ridgid has changed the status from LSA to 3 Year coverage.

I print out all changes to my dashboard in case something gets lost and I can see that the radio was covered under my kit combo but now it has been moved out of the kit into it's own area with the three year coverage.

What the heck is this? Can they just up and change the LSA on items that were previously covered? This seriously ticks me off.

Which ones will they change next... my batteries?

Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 08-17-2013, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Sounds like crap to me.

The video on their Facebook page pimping the combo verbally lists each part as LSA and doesn't mention the radio.
        I think it's wrong that mine isn't covered, but changing your coverage without notice or explanation is BS.

Comment

I'd say make a call to customer support. Legally, I do NOT think they can just take away the LSA once they have given it to your purchase. While they can certainly cancel or limit the products at any particular time, I am of the opinion that once a warranty or "agreement" (in this case) is provided, they can not just arbitrarily revoke it. I think your state AG would seriously frown upon such practices as one of fraudulance!

CWS

Comment

LSA = Lowlife Scam Arrangement
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Same thing happened to me, but with my planer and other high cost items. It's documented in another thread on this forum.

Comment

I've had a LSA kit just disappear completely from my dashboard....WTH?

Comment

All this talk made me look into the status of my tools in my Dashboard(stupid name). All is as it should be..........

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
                    I just checked my dashboard as I own two and I just realized Ridgid has changed the status from LSA to 3 Year coverage.

I print out all changes to my dashboard in case something gets lost and I can see that the radio was covered under my kit combo but now it has been moved out of the kit into it's own area with the three year coverage.

What the heck is this? Can they just up and change the LSA on items that were previously covered? This seriously ticks me off.

Which ones will they change next... my batteries?

i do the same thing. guess it;s time to get out the previous print outs and compare it to what's shown today.
                    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Been busy lately but finally got around to emailing customer service inquiring as to why the change in the LSA and also why wasn't I notified to any downgrade in warranty coverage to my tools. Hope to hear back from them soon.

BadgerDave, why not bring the radio to the tool shop? I'm sure a radio isn't any more complicated than an inspection camera. If it's not working, I'm sure they can diagnose which module isn't working and just order new parts in the same way they would any other piece of electronic equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post

BadgerDave, why not bring the radio to the tool shop? I'm sure a radio isn't any more complicated than an inspection camera. If it's not working, I'm sure they can diagnose which module isn't working and just order new parts in the same way they would any other piece of electronic equipment.
                        Good point, if the Service Center that repairs the Ridge Tool made inspection camera and the TTI made radio are one in the same. I've never really looked into it to find out why but have always been curious as to why you have to pick a category of tool when looking up a Service Center. Makes me think that not all of the Authorized Service Centers work on every tool with a RIDGID logo on it. Manufacturer specific maybe?

Comment

Interesting, I've never had to pick the service center based on the tool getting fixed. Mind you I've never had many problems with my tools but I always figured the tool center would service everything. Perhaps some centers only work on the smaller type tools and perhaps only some work on industrial type equipment?

Comment

I thought Seektech was a separate company at one time that was bought up by RIDGID/Emerson.

www.seektech.com

used to be a website at that url, but it doesn't pop up this morning.
                            Last edited by Bob D.; 09-03-2013, 03:59 AM.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

maybe after testing each one.
                              may be they are scared to warranty it,
                              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                              attributed to Samuel Johnson
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                              X