X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New batteries?

Browsing on the Home Depot site, I noticed a radio combo with a 2.0 Ah hyper lithium battery. Guessing Ridgid is stepping up the market along with Milwaukee?

Re: New batteries?

i believe both brands' tools are made by the same company.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

HD's website is now showing a 4.0 Hyper Lithium Battery now too. 18V Bare tool cordless grinder is there as well.

Comment

Yep I saw the new X4 18V 4AH battery on the Home Depot website too!
        My local stores have them in stock! $119.00 part# AC840087 Wow that never happens here

It's so wonderful that Ridgid sneaks in sales and new tools at Home Depots across the country.

If you don't advertise or announce it here, why bother?

Home Depot also keeps information on the Ridgid brand secret.

No one will find out if you have a new product and they will
        buy a different brand at a different store..

Great job Ridgid marketing! and Home Depot [the official license of Ridgid Tools]
        pat yourselves on the back!!!

Cactus Man

Comment

Ridgid has been announcing upcoming tools and sales on their Facebook page.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
            Yep I saw the new X4 18V 4AH battery on the Home Depot website too!
            My local stores have them in stock! $119.00 part# AC840087 Wow that never happens here

It's so wonderful that Ridgid sneaks in sales and new tools at Home Depots across the country.

If you don't advertise or announce it here, why bother?

Home Depot also keeps information on the Ridgid brand secret.

No one will find out if you have a new product and they will
            buy a different brand at a different store..

Great job Ridgid marketing! and Home Depot [the official license of Ridgid Tools]
            pat yourselves on the back!!!

Cactus Man
            How about the brilliant, put it on HD website but not under Ridgid brand!! A few of the x3 and poss x4 wre under 18 volt but didn't show up when you typed RIDGID!? Ha! I actually messaged them to bring to their attention.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
              I messaged them on facebook and have not gotten a response. I said, It's sept, when will I see the cordless impact wrench in my local home depot?. Sure is a mystery to me and others why Ridgid does not agressively advertise and get the word out? MY local store still does not have the grinder. In my opinion every home depot should have kits, bare batteries, chargers and cordess tools, call me crazy.

My latest private message on Ridgid Facebook.
              "You folks really should read your facebook page and respond to some of the posts. People are rightly complaining of products such as batteries being unavailable or discontinued at their local home depots. I would like to know when your new cordless impact wrench and grinder will be available at my store in Norwalk, CT. Read the Ridgid Forum once in a while, folks have reasonble questions and complaints. IF you are truly trying to sell Rigid cordless products, tools, batteries, chargers and accessories, make an effort to get these things into the stores!".
              Last edited by Frankiarmz; 09-04-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I've actually seen them respond to some really nasty complaints that I'd ignore and they ignore some very good questions.

Comment

Does anyone know when the new batteries will be released in kits? I just recieved the x4 5pc kit as a gift and am considering taking it back to get the kit with the new batteries. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Well I'm hoping they release them quick because HD pulled every ridgid 18v off the shelf, can't even find them in the bargain bin.

Comment

yes, the whole world is on facebook and follows HD and RIDGID there.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I've actually seen them respond to some really nasty complaints that I'd ignore and they ignore some very good questions.
                        So they'll do damage control but nothing else huh?
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

What is the Amp/hr rating of the old Hyper-Li batteries?

Seems like a marketing ploy to me. Take you old battery and give it a new name, twaek the specs a bit, bump up th eprice by 20%, adn you're in the money?

Plus, since these are stand alone batteries and not sold as part of a kit, guess what?

NO LSA ! ! !

Where do I sign up.
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Check out this link, go to the bottom of the page, seems DeWalt and Milwaukee are offering identical rating batteries. The charge time for the 4.0 is 80 minutes, my 3.0 nicads only take 30! Progress?
                            http://www.protoolreviews.com/buying...batteries/6360

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                              yes, the whole world is on facebook and follows HD and RIDGID there.
                              Well not everybody accesses them here either. The only reasonable solution is in store or on television, but anything is better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X