Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New batteries?

Originally posted by rofl View Post
    Well not everybody accesses them here either. The only reasonable solution is in store or on television, but anything is better than nothing.
    I think my frustration and that of others here is that the average tradesman or homeowner might never see some of the Ridgid tools and accessories because they are so poorly promoted. I have agressively reached out to Ridgid seeking information as to why the tools are not in the stores, and where and when they will be. I am currently awaiting an email response for when the new impact wrench and grinder will be available in my local store. All this on our part is ridiculous considering all the competition and store availability. Ridgid really needs to do better getting the word out and getting the tools in the stores where consumers can buy them. Selling tools should be the goal. I want that impact wrench so I don't have to start with another battery platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Check out this link, go to the bottom of the page, seems DeWalt and Milwaukee are offering identical rating batteries. The charge time for the 4.0 is 80 minutes, my 3.0 nicads only take 30! Progress?
      http://www.protoolreviews.com/buying...batteries/6360
      It's a higher capacity battery, it's got to take longer to charge if you want to charge at a safe rate that will not damage the battery.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Bob, while I agree that slower charging in general is safer for batteries, I wonder what the charge time for the same 4.0ah battery is with DeWalt and Milwaukee. I'm curious if their's can be charged safely, but faster? Heat is the big killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Bob, while I agree that slower charging in general is safer for batteries, I wonder what the charge time for the same 4.0ah battery is with DeWalt and Milwaukee. I'm curious if their's can be charged safely, but faster? Heat is the big killer.
          Yes, it would be interesting to compare. I wonder internally/chemically one Li-ion battery differs from another. Do some have a different composition that might allow them to charge faster but at the expense of the number of times they can be recharged or impacts some other factor of their performance. Fastest recharge may not be for the best overall is what I am getting at. If a brand X battery recharges 15 minutes faster is that such a big deal if brand Y's second battery lasts long enough for the first to rechage fully?
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
          X