Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will we get a cordless 3/4" impact?

Hey, come on now, you know you were thinking it! Since Ridgid finally answered the call to supply us with the 1/2" impact, the only logical step would be to ask for more. If we dont ask now, I could be old and gray by the time it hits the shelves! So, I want 500+ Ft Lbs or torque, you know you want one! I know I would love one for pulling the outer spindle nuts off my 4x4 hubs on my pickup....

Re: When will we get a cordless 3/4" impact?

Sorry buddy, you're on your own on this one. 500+ftlbs? I suggest a long breaker bar and a good gym membership You need to torque those things back on anyway. I picked up a 3/4" torque wrench online for around $75 last year to do the hub bearings on one of my Explorers, only required around 189ftlbs going back on.

Comment

Attachment Attachment Will 780 ftlbs work for you?

I have this and its a beast

http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com...rque-impactool

Attached Files
      Last edited by LOG_SPLITTER; 10-28-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I see the possibility of another famous frankentool in the near future...

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
          Hey, come on now, you know you were thinking it! Since Ridgid finally answered the call to supply us with the 1/2" impact, the only logical step would be to ask for more. If we dont ask now, I could be old and gray by the time it hits the shelves! So, I want 500+ Ft Lbs or torque, you know you want one! I know I would love one for pulling the outer spindle nuts off my 4x4 hubs on my pickup....
          Hey, don't give Ridgid/HD too much credit, because as documented in my and other members' posts the tool hasnot shown itself in most places.

That's why I bought the DeWalt 3/4" corded impact, to be able to change the tires on the H1.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            Hey, don't give Ridgid/HD too much credit, because as documented in my and other members' posts the tool hasnot shown itself in most places.

That's why I bought the DeWalt 3/4" corded impact, to be able to change the tires on the H1.
            Nice impact gun. 434 ft-lbs

My 1/2 cordless smokes it!

Comment

[QUOTE=Bob D.;407195]Hey, don't give Ridgid/HD too much credit, because as documented in my and other members' posts the tool hasnot shown itself in most places.

its online and in col,, oh stores

Comment

[QUOTE=pesciwasp;407220]

its online and in col,, oh stores
                well, two out of 50 states isn't too bad....or is it ??
                yes, I know its online, but someone in the store looking for a tool today is not going to go home and order and wait, they are going to say the heck with ridigd, i'll take one of the TWO DeWalt models, now which one should it be. Hummm.

Meanwhile, TTI is left with NOTHING!

Unlike Frank I don't care if they choose not to market the tihng in stores as I don't need one.
                I might buy one if I came across one and liked it, but I won't buy a DeWalt or Milwaukee or any
                other brand because I don't have any of their batteries, except Ryobi, but I really don't want
                Ryobi. I'm transitioning away from Ryobi and over to Ridgid
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                ---------
                ---------

Comment

[QUOTE=Bob D.;407260]
                  Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post

well, two out of 50 states isn't too bad....or is it ??
                  yes, I know its online, but someone in the store looking for a tool today is not going to go home and order and wait, they are going to say the heck with ridigd, i'll take one of the TWO DeWalt models, now which one should it be. Hummm.

Meanwhile, TTI is left with NOTHING!

Unlike Frank I don't care if they choose not to market the tihng in stores as I don't need one.
                  I might buy one if I came across one and liked it, but I won't buy a DeWalt or Milwaukee or any
                  other brand because I don't have any of their batteries, except Ryobi, but I really don't want
                  Ryobi. I'm transitioning away from Ryobi and over to Ridgid
                  The reality of this situation, and the world is most things are going to be online ship to you or store, it's the way things are headed

Comment

[QUOTE=pesciwasp;407279]

The reality of this situation, and the world is most things are going to be online ship to you or store, it's the way things are headed
                    I never realized that.
                    ---------------
                    ---------------
                    ---------
                    ---------

Comment

[QUOTE=pesciwasp;407279]

Generally speaking you are correct. Big box stores find it next to impossible to compete with Internet stores since they have such high overhead. I do think in the case of home depot and Ridgid, home depot could certainly display more if they wanted. The big displays of Ryobi junk instead of Ridgid makes me wonder why they are pushing cheap inferior products? The home depots could easily carry the same stock in every store and broaden the ownership of Ridgid, which I think would prompt Ridgid to offer more variety.

Comment

Ryobi, makita and milwaukee pay for preferred display.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                          Ryobi, makita and milwaukee pay for preferred display.
                          And since ryobi and Milwaukee are marketed by tti along with the ridgid brand, they can't lose.
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Working...
                          X