Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid framing nailer trigger not working R350RHE

Hello all,
    I am building a shed and purchased a R350RHE ridgid round head framing nailer. I've shot about 300 nails without a problem in the single shot mode. Then the trigger stopped firing, I played with it for a while and found that the single shot selector switch is disengaging after each nail, if I hold the selector switch in single shot mode with my left hand, then the nailer works fine, however, it will not shoot in either mode if I don't physically hold the selector into the mode.
    I followed the brake in instructions with the tool oil and am running at 70 psi with 3 inch nails the same as the first 300 nails.

Has anyone else had a problem? From reading the forum most people seem to be happy with their nailers.

Thanks

Re: ridgid framing nailer trigger not working R350RHE

I don't know what your manual calls for, but I'd never use a framing nailer with so little pressure. 90 is my min, but I even like it better at 120.

Comment

The manual calls for 70-120. I wouldn't use the minimum functioning pressure unless I was dealing with very soft wood. 120 provides more power for driving depth and it cycles the gun better.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
        I don't know what your manual calls for, but I'd never use a framing nailer with so little pressure. 90 is my min, but I even like it better at 120.
        This is my first framing nailer so I welcome some advice. The manual calls for 70-120psi. I tried at 80 and it was sinking the heads a little over a quarter of an inch into the pressure treated 2x4's. There is a depth adjustment on the nailer but I turned it 3 full turns and it did not make a difference in the depth so I turned the pressure down to 70psi and it's sinking them about 1/8 inch now.

Comment

You really want to use the depth adjustment and not the pressure to regulate depth. Be willing to play with it until it's right. A little depth won't hurt anything on 2X4 material. Using it for siding would require some precise adjusting.

Comment

Thanks rofl, I'll try tomorrow evening with the higher pressure and see if the nailer will work. I will eventually be using it for siding, do you still recommend starting at 120 psi and using the depth adjuster?

Comment

Yes. With siding I'd use the rubber tip to keep from marring the wood also. You might have it on there right now. I frame without one though.

I'd use shorter nails that are galvanized also. I use ring shank, but there are many options.

Comment

I got 2 3/8 inch galvanized ring shanks that I was planning on using for the siding and floor. Thanks for the help, it has saved me a lot of time searching the internet.

Comment

Working...
                X