Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TTI service is slow. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TTI service is slow.

    For everyone who whines bout RIDGID service being slow its TTI in general. Took my new 40v Ryobi trimmer in month ago, sept 20th the part will be in! The center wasn't even gonna call me. Whatever who cares. At least I get it fixed. I guess?!

  • #2
    Re: TTI service is slow.

    Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
    For everyone who whines bout RIDGID service being slow its TTI in general. Took my new 40v Ryobi trimmer in month ago, sept 20th the part will be in! The center wasn't even gonna call me. Whatever who cares. At least I get it fixed. I guess?!

    Well, as you know RIDGID service for cordless power tools IS TTI/OWT service. So is it any wonder that the Ryobi service is just as good/bad as RIDGID. I wonder how Homelite and Milwaukee service is?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: TTI service is slow.

      (not directed at pesciwasp - a generality) I dont understand why people continue to buy Ridgid electrical tools and then carp when they know that the warranty process is a nightmare.
      ~~

      ... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: TTI service is slow.

        Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
        (not directed at pesciwasp - a generality) I dont understand why people continue to buy Ridgid electrical tools and then carp when they know that the warranty process is a nightmare.
        Even w/o the lsa the tools are pretty good. But maybe its because people don't like being lied to. Well maybe not exactly lied to but making a purchase and expecting them to live up to what was promised, so not receiving what you paid for.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: TTI service is slow.

          Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          Well, as you know RIDGID service for cordless power tools IS TTI/OWT service. So is it any wonder that the Ryobi service is just as good/bad as RIDGID. I wonder how Homelite and Milwaukee service is?
          Yes that was my point, both TTI, battery replacement has been fast for me though ! Good question on mil/homelite

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: TTI service is slow.

            Never had a Ridgid service prob yet, but only replaced batteries, very fast service on those. My tool was Ryobi. I buy RIDGID tools because they are quality for what I need, well thought out and designed, and guaranteed, chances are I will need service for lack of use instead of over use.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: TTI service is slow.

              Currently I own the Ryobi drill and cordless grinder because Ridgid didn't offer one. The drill is okay for light jobs, but It doesn't have near the power of my Ridgid nicad drill. The grinder is extremely weak, the slightest resistance and it slows down and stops. Ryobi lithiuk batteries are a big disappointment, trouble getting them to charge and they lose charge fast. I am very satisfied with my Ridgid cordless tools and nicad batteries, but if I get the impact wrench and like it I would invest in a 4.0 hyper lithium and charger if available.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: TTI service is slow.

                Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                Well, as you know RIDGID service for cordless power tools IS TTI/OWT service.

                It shouldn't matter who the servicing partner is. If one performs badly then it reflects poorly on the entire partnership. People only remember the tool name (Ridgid). If it said TTI/OWT on the tool people would crab about them instead. Either way, Ridgid needs to kick TTI/OWT in the can to make this go more smoothly.

                I had DeWalt tools back near 2000 and now Milwaukee and Bosch. The DeWalt service was performed by a local NAPA dealer and took about 3 days. The other manufacturers' tools I've had no breakdowns with.
                ~~

                ... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

                Comment

                Working...
                X