Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Lost A Customer

Just read this message on facebook.
    "Frank, I have to apologize about the confusion on the tools. I found out just this morning that the tools will be sold in the store. The exact date and stores I don't have but please keep looking for it. Once again I apologize for the confusion on my part. Thanks Greg"

I am further confused.

Comment

Now you have me confused as to why you're still confused. Ya know though, it would have been a real customer service plus plus if Greg would have cleared the air right here on this BB, especially if he was aware of this thread!
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave, I'm not sure if Greg's really sure at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
          What would be the advantage to buying I-R? They're still made in China, probably a "rebrand" and exactly where would you buy those tools? The web site doesn't give you any information on location or price, only asking you to fill out a form so they can put you on thier customer list.

Hey, I used to work for that company... they are not what they once were and I think they are very much relying on thier historical reputation.

CWS
          I have zero clue as to any advantage honestly. Just always heard good things about their impacts.
          http://www.amazon.com/Ingersoll-W715...ingersoll+rand

They've also got a cordless "production" impact fastener (drill?) that looks like it has the controls and tracking necessary to build planes or rockets. Price....around $1200.00!

Watch until the end. Pretty interesting.
          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-11-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

"Oh and there is a fifth generation battery charger that makes the X-4 charger [which is excellent]
            obsolete..but it's only offered on E-bay!"

Where is this, whats it called? how can one charger make another one obsolete? Confused

Comment

Certain Home Depot's base their inventory on their sales and Demographics. I had one store that sold Hilti products and tools for awhile and they left and now they carry a full line of Bosch tools like the big rotohammers and cement breakers. I know it's not for everyone but you can buy online and return them either via ups or to the store for a complete refund you have up to 90days to see if the tool works like you want it to. I ran into the a similar issue with the M12 fuel tools some HD stores still don't have certain tools in stock yet. HD does so phased releases based on demand of the tools from specific stores.

Comment

What exactly drives you nuts about online sales? The tools typically start out online then make their way into the stores. The world is headed in an online mostly direction. I find it odd that you beg for 6+ years, almost daily, for two tools that they just made, and because you dont like their marketing and handling strategy you say your done with them? Sounds like a deeper issue, you WON MAN, YOU GOT YOUR TWO WISHES, ENJOY THEM!!!!! (caps = exuberance not hostility!!)

Comment

I gotta say, Frank you are one of my favorites around here, but you gotta take a win when you get it. There may be a number of reasons to head for greener pastures, but right after you mostly get what you want is an odd choice at best.

Comment

Working...
                  X