Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

    anyone want to measure the dimensions of the anvil? any chance the part will fit any of the older ridgid impact drivers?

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

      Any chance anybody here knows what the sku number is? My hd says they don't make a 1/2" impact.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

        Originally posted by firefighter5143 View Post
        Any chance anybody here knows what the sku number is? My hd says they don't make a 1/2" impact.
        Model number, R86010B
        SKU is on page 4 of this thread posted by mdm

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

          Thank you. Sorry I missed the sku.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

            Even the store I bought mine at had none on display. They had to pull it down from the top.

            My advice is to have them find a local store that the system says has it in stock, call that store to verify, and smile at all the nonsense you have to go through.

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

              Was in one of my area HDs yesterday, so I wandered over to the tool section
              to see if the Ridgid 18v 1/2" impact had made a showing yet.

              Nope, still MIA. I did notice the the stock of Milwaukee and DeWalt 1/2" cordless impacts was down
              from the last time I was there, so apparently they are selling, just not selling the orange ones
              because they are no where to be found ! ! !
              "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

              https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

                Someone should tell TTI that moving power tools is a little like playing the lottery.

                In these parts the state lottery has a slogan that might be good for TTI to remember;

                "Ya gotta play to win!"
                "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

                https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

                  Finally made it to my local HD.
                  "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

                  https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

                    Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                    Finally made it to my local HD.

                    sadly i think each individual hd is responsible for which products it carries, not tti, or RIDGID. Also i refer back to my post about living in a internet mostly world!!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

                      Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                      sadly i think each individual hd is responsible for which products it carries, not tti, or RIDGID. Also i refer back to my post about living in a internet mostly world!!
                      Folks at Home Depot told me it was a corporate decision, I don't know? While I agree with you about the Internet, there is no denying that Ridgid tools are not stocked or displayed very well in real stores compared to their competition. I am not an impulse buyer, I research reviews, pricing, warranties and such. There are a lot of consumers who simple buy what is on display, and in stock, and that is a problem for Ridgid and folks who want to see and purchase their products while out shopping.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

                        Totally agree about non displayed items, 18 v grinder and new impact wrench are not on display with the other brands models, or on display anywhere in the store, but ryobi, milwaukee, makita all have big displays w multiple tools. In fact alot of times the new products are on top shelves where storage is and i have to point out to the manager

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

                          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Folks at Home Depot told me it was a corporate decision, I don't know? While I agree with you about the Internet, there is no denying that Ridgid tools are not stocked or displayed very well in real stores compared to their competition. I am not an impulse buyer, I research reviews, pricing, warranties and such. There are a lot of consumers who simple buy what is on display, and in stock, and that is a problem for Ridgid and folks who want to see and purchase their products while out shopping.

                          Some times its not that people impulse buy but a must buy, as in "I need it NOW!!" as opposed to a "that looks cool, I think I buy it" casual buy.

                          When someone comes in the store looking to buy because they have an immediate need and your product is not on the shelf then you lose that sale. Maybe that is only one out of 10 or 20 but its still lost revenue any way you slice it and to the buyer its a lack of support right out of the box because you don't even care enough to have the product on the shelf and available for me to buy so what kind of support will I see down the road.
                          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

                          https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: 18v 1/2-in Compact Impact Wrench

                            Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                            Totally agree about non displayed items, 18 v grinder and new impact wrench are not on display with the other brands models, or on display anywhere in the store, but ryobi, milwaukee, makita all have big displays w multiple tools. In fact alot of times the new products are on top shelves where storage is and i have to point out to the manager
                            As I remarked the 1/2" impact finally made it to my local store, but as you point out not displayed where it will catch anyones eye. The new impact does not appear on the overhead display board will all the other tools and its not on the top shelf at waist level when it will be seen. Rather it is down, one shelf above the floor, hidden among the other tools and if I had not been purposely looking for it probably never would have noticed it.
                            Last edited by Bob D.; 11-26-2013, 04:12 AM.
                            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

                            https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X