Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

LSA registration - no need to mail in receipt or UPC code?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA registration - no need to mail in receipt or UPC code?

I received an email confirming my LSA registration. The email didn't mention anything about mailing in the receipt or UPC code. Does Ridgid no longer require those items to complete the registration?

Re: LSA registration - no need to mail in receipt or UPC code?

I'd hang onto some stuff.
    We appreciate your patience while we confirm your submitted information. Please print a copy of this page and store it along with your receipt and UPC cut out. If your product and/or proof of purchase information provided cannot be confirmed, you will be asked to submit your registration information further to complete the LSA approval process.

Note: Your tools do not have Lifetime Service Agreement status until product and purchase information can be approved and confirmed by RIDGID. After the approval process is completed.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
      I'd hang onto some stuff.
      I got the same email when I first completed the online registration.

The subsequent email, which came about 2 weeks later, and confirmed that the tools and batteries are under the LSA, made no mention about sending anything in. I'm guessing the current LSA registration process does not require the physical receipt or UPC code because all the relevant info is accessible by Ridgid via the code on the Home Depot receipt.

I won't throw the receipt or UPC code away, but just want to make sure I dot the I's and cross the T's so that the items are covered by the LSA.

Comment

At the very least I'd scan a copy into a computer, but I'd also capture a screenshot of the lsa coverage showing on the website.

I have one they've asked for the upc and two still pending right now.

Comment

We had a thread about a month ago on this same topic.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t44145/#post404795
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Just for kicks, call an authorized Ridgid tool repair shop in your area. Give them the LSA number that Ridgid issued you, and ask them to run the number to see if your tools are in the LSA system. That's the best way, IMO, to determine if the registration went through OK.

Comment

Originally posted by marchboom View Post
              Just for kicks, call an authorized Ridgid tool repair shop in your area. Give them the LSA number that Ridgid issued you, and ask them to run the number to see if your tools are in the LSA system. That's the best way, IMO, to determine if the registration went through OK.
              Did you do that? If so, wanna share your results?
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Did you do that? If so, wanna share your results?
                I bought my first Ridgid tool (cordless drill) back in 2005. Bought a miter saw a few months later. In 2007 and 2008, I bought a router, circular saw and a table saw.

Fast forward to last week. The drill batteries started to get weak and couldn't take a charge. Went to the authorized Ridgid repair shop to get free replacement batteries and the guy told me that the batteries and charger were not listed on the printout that Ridgid sent him when he entered the LSA number Ridgid sent me (when I registered the drill). The drill was registered. He said the batteries and charger also had to be registered.

The only tools listed on the printout were the drill and miter saw. Nothing else. He told me to call Ridgid and I did. The woman at Ridgid couldn't have been nicer. She took the info on all my tools and put it into the system. No hassles. A few hours later I called the repair shop, gave him the LSA number and he obtained the updated printout that now listed the batteries and the other tools. He ordered them and they should be in by next week. Ridgid then emailed me a printout with all my tools listed and that they are covered by the LSA.

I was expecting a hassle but Ridgid made it easy.

So, just to make sure all your tools that are covered by the LSA are on file with Ridgid, have the repair shop that you will be dealing with punch in your LSA number as if they were doing a warranty repair. This will let you know if Ridgid has your tools on file. If they aren't on file the repair shop won't be reimbursed by Ridgid.
                Last edited by marchboom; 10-20-2013, 01:48 AM.

Comment

When I registered my tools, I also made sure to register all batteries and chargers. Each has it's own serial number. So, I did this years ago, and now, I need to get my batteries replaced. I am trying to log into the account I know I created and it is not working, tried to send for the password and got no email, so I thought I would try to re register the email address, I tried both that it could have possibly been and both allowed me to register a new account. I am hoping that I can call them tomorrow and give them my phone number and they can find my stuff, I know it is all registered... Hopefully either by phone number or serial number off the batteries. Otherwise, all the other tools are useless. Fingers crossed.
                  I am confused though, I can't even find the original registration emails from years ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X