X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shop vac filter

several years ago i had a cloth filter sleeve, now i am looking for a sleeve for the tall filter in my ridgid vac, but i can only find them for the short filters, i was even going to use a paper filter but i cant find one big enough any ideas

Re: shop vac filter

Maybe make one out of cheesecloth. I doubt if it will filter out much of the real small stuff but should work for the bigger chips.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I think the shop vac brand has paper filters and foam filters, (do not know if they will fit over ridgid filters tho, I have one vac that we use the foam filters on, tey can work in wet dray and be washed out and reusable, ACE hard ware sells the shop Vac brand in our community.

Home - Shop-Vac Accessories
      Last edited by BHD; 10-12-2013, 01:46 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

You can buy the foam filter sheets (universal fit) made for room air-conditioners (window units), trim for height, wrap them around the pleated paper filter and secure with two wide rubber bands.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

i picked up the foam sheets, 2 in a pack for 4.95 wrapped one around the paper filter and it looks like it should work fine, i will let you know as soon as i try it, thanks for the suggestion

Comment

the filter sheet that i wrapped around the filter is working great, the paper filter does not clog up nearly as much with out it

Comment

I don't think this is what you are looking for but McMaster-Carr lists a bunch
              of filters for various brand shop-vacs including Ridgid and Craftsman.

McMaster-Carr

scroll down to Vacuum Bags and Filters
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
              X