Compact routers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact routers

Looking for a new compact router kit with plunge capabilities. Dewalt and Makita make one.

Any one care to offer some guidance on the plus / minus of each brand?

Re: Compact routers

I'd feel good about either. If I was buying I'd check ratings on a few sites just for confidence and settle on the best deal I could find.

I know.....I know.....lots of help.

A quick look online helped me out. The makita set is considerably more expensive but contains more accessories. It would boil down to whether I could use all of those accessories or not.

The porter cable set looks to be the same as the dewalt also. Just in case you run across a deal there.

2nd edit

If I could afford it I would go with the makita kit that includes the offset and tilt base as well as the fixed and plunge. $70 for a much nicer kit. You might not think you'd use those, but you never know what you'll use until it's an option.
    Last edited by rofl; 11-03-2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

The PC is single speed I think, or at least the first generation was. The DeWalt is variable speed.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Pulled the trigger on the Dewalt....have never been disappointed with a Dewalt tool...

Comment

Working...
        X