Someones listening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someones listening

Anyone remember my seemingly crazy idea a couple years ago to use dual 18v batteriesto power 36v tools if connected in series and provide more run time and power if used in parallel?

Well I think makita must have someone who reads this forum, because they just came out with a battery adapter thatlets you do just that.

Name:  7e6a7363d43f709cc231c6335af40744.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  414.9 KB

So my bad for not following through on my idea and getting a patent and selling it or licensing to one of the power tool companies.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Re: Someones listening

I remember.

Comment

checks in the mail !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Haven't you heard? You can't tell people that someone's listening. If you do your country will crucify you and force you to leave.

Comment

I have mentioned a battery belt in the past that would allow you plug in a simple jumper cord from the belt to the tool.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            I have mentioned a battery belt in the past that would allow you plug in a simple jumper cord from the belt to the tool.

Rick.
            I remember that Rick. A good idea too I thought.
            Similar to the CO2 belt pack that was being offered not long ago for air nailers and staplers.
            I think Lowes was selling them in their stores for a while. Can't remember seeing them lately
            but not really looking for them either.

Comment

Lowes closed out the co2 kit and I bought 1 to replace the junk 1 from harbor freight.

Pressure regulator spiked and blew the gauge. Depending on temperature, you could be wearing a 700psi bomb

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Back in the mid 90's, Hitachi had a 14.4v I believe that you could clip the battery to your belt and run a cord to the drill. I almost bought one but got the regular drill instead. I don't think the idea caught on because I never saw them again. It would have been a great idea with the larger NiCad batteries.

Comment

if I wanted a cord running to my tools, I would just plug them in to the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by tsbrewers View Post
                    if I wanted a cord running to my tools, I would just plug them in to the wall.
                    that's ok in a shop enviroment or on the ground, but when you're on a ladder, scaffold, high reach, or a roof and moving around a lot having that cord run to your belt sure beats dragging an extension cord behind you, and safer in some ways too I would think.

Comment

Working...
                    X