Someones listening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someones listening

Anyone remember my seemingly crazy idea a couple years ago to use dual 18v batteriesto power 36v tools if connected in series and provide more run time and power if used in parallel?

Well I think makita must have someone who reads this forum, because they just came out with a battery adapter thatlets you do just that.

Name:  7e6a7363d43f709cc231c6335af40744.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  414.9 KB

So my bad for not following through on my idea and getting a patent and selling it or licensing to one of the power tool companies.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: Someones listening

I remember.

Comment

checks in the mail !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Haven't you heard? You can't tell people that someone's listening. If you do your country will crucify you and force you to leave.

Comment

I have mentioned a battery belt in the past that would allow you plug in a simple jumper cord from the belt to the tool.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            I have mentioned a battery belt in the past that would allow you plug in a simple jumper cord from the belt to the tool.

Rick.
            I remember that Rick. A good idea too I thought.
            Similar to the CO2 belt pack that was being offered not long ago for air nailers and staplers.
            I think Lowes was selling them in their stores for a while. Can't remember seeing them lately
            but not really looking for them either.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Lowes closed out the co2 kit and I bought 1 to replace the junk 1 from harbor freight.

Pressure regulator spiked and blew the gauge. Depending on temperature, you could be wearing a 700psi bomb

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Back in the mid 90's, Hitachi had a 14.4v I believe that you could clip the battery to your belt and run a cord to the drill. I almost bought one but got the regular drill instead. I don't think the idea caught on because I never saw them again. It would have been a great idea with the larger NiCad batteries.

Comment

if I wanted a cord running to my tools, I would just plug them in to the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by tsbrewers View Post
                    if I wanted a cord running to my tools, I would just plug them in to the wall.
                    that's ok in a shop enviroment or on the ground, but when you're on a ladder, scaffold, high reach, or a roof and moving around a lot having that cord run to your belt sure beats dragging an extension cord behind you, and safer in some ways too I would think.

Comment

Working...
                    X