X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 possible motor problem?

I have Ridgid R4512 Table saw, about a year old. The 2 times I have really worked it, after it gets good and warm suddenly the motor loses power, won't come up to speed, and vibrates a lot. If I try to run it even with no load it will only run for a few seconds and then trip the ckt. breaker. Once it cools down, it works fine again.

The first time it happened I was ripping down 8' 2x4's with a Freud diablo thin kerf combination blade for about 20 min straight before it acted up. Today I was using the same blade to cut 1/2" and 3/4" plywood parts down to size for about a half hour before it started acting up.

Anyone know what would cause this? I e-mailed ridged about it and they said I'd have to send the whole saw in, but I'm afraid they wouldn't be able to duplicate the problem or would tell me there's nothing wrong with it.

Re: R4512 possible motor problem?

Originally posted by d_slat View Post
    Anyone know what would cause this? I e-mailed ridged about it and they said I'd have to send the whole saw in, but I'm afraid they wouldn't be able to duplicate the problem or would tell me there's nothing wrong with it.
    could be a bad motor, a failing capacitor, or loose wiring.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
    X