No announcement yet.

Any way I can mail my tools in for LSA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way I can mail my tools in for LSA?

The nearest center to me is 19 miles by the crow flies, but it is over an hour drive away on the opposite side of Tampa Bay. I know the LSA says I have to take it to these centers, but that is a two hour drive to drop the stuff off, and then another two hour drive to pick the stuff up. My time is valuable. Has anybody had success mailing tools in? Thanks.

Re: Any way I can mail my tools in for LSA?

Yes! A couple of years ago my old nicads refused to take a charge and although I live in CT and have service centers in the area, I chose to mail my batteries to a service center in Long Island, NY. I suggest you call a couple of these centers, ask what they require regarding documentation. You should also ask what you need to include, such as tool. charger, battery(ies). I found it cheaper to pay for the shipping (saved on gas) and less stressful (no driving). Best of luck and let us know how you make out. Frank.

Comment

As Franki said, you should call the particular Authorized Service Center to inquire about what all they may need for them to properly service your tool(s). Usually in the case of cordless tool batteries, they may require not only the battery, but also the charger, and perhaps the tool itself. Corded tools are certainly less troublesome in that only the problem tool is required, along with whatever LLSA information required to identify the tool.

I've only had to use a distant service center once, and in that case I sent called the center, asked what they needed and how they usually received shipments. I sent the tool via UPS, and inclosed a letter explaining the problem. In the letter, I included my LLSA ID# and the registration number that the LLSA assigned to that tool registration, along with the tool's serial number and a copy of the receipt, showing my proof of purchase. Don't forget to give them your name, address, phone, and e-mail too. I'm not sure as all that was required, but my thinking of the time was better too much information, rather than too little.

You'll also want to follow through with a phone call just to make sure they've received your package okay and to find out what their schedule of service and return is. In the case of any service, I think patience is important; however, don't let your patience go so long as to be 'neglect'... some service places can be notorious for just loosing stuff that is 'neglected' too long!

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Thanks. I'll give em a call after the holiday.

Comment

home depots with tool rental departments are authorized to accept tools for repair. they facilitate getting the tools too and from the repair center. be certain to take before pics of any tools left with them. there have been reports of their handing them like gorillas with breakable toys.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            home depots with tool rental departments are authorized to accept tools for repair. they facilitate getting the tools too and from the repair center. be certain to take before pics of any tools left with them. there have been reports of their handing them like gorillas with breakable toys.
            Great advice! I take a video walk around of my car before taking it in for service.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              Wow, that would be awesome. I'll call the Depot and will update this thread ASAP. Thx.

Comment

Working...
              X