X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ridgid heated jackets

Ridgid 18V heated jacket black | Pro Tool Reviews Magazine

Re: New ridgid heated jackets

Man, why don't they make something useful like a 3/4" sq. Drive 18v impact with 750 lb/ft of torque.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Thought it was a joke. Seriously, no disrespect to the folks at Ridgid but I think they need to offer more tools like their competitors. I know folks purchase from the Internet, however a lot of folks buy cordless tools while shopping in stores such as home depot. I saw one Ridgid lithium ion battery at my local h/d, no chargers, few bare tools. Ryobi are not as well made in my opinion and yet I see every tools and accessory they offer at my home depot. Why can't Ridgid maintain some stock? What are the Ridgid reps doing out their in the field????
      I don't need to be a marketing expert to feel confident that most tradesmen and home owners would rather have tools, batteries and chargers than heated jackets. I guess they are working on heated socks?

Comment

Actually, this is awesome as it's something I requested when chatting with one of the reps!

Comment

LOL @ Bob! :-)

Comment

Okay? I guess....................
            Big G

Comment

now if they came out with a jacket that cools, i'd buy a weeks supply of them. wouldn't that be cool.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Since they have no interest in selling cordless tools and accessories, why not offer a rebreather, or buoyancy compensator? Maybe swimwear for the ladies?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Since they have no interest in selling cordless tools and accessories, why not offer a rebreather, or buoyancy compensator? Maybe swimwear for the ladies?
                  Frank, before you get to hot and bothered... I think this year is going to be huge for the Ridgid tool line. I've seen some of the stuff coming and heard from others of what is coming. They have saturated the heck out of the market with the Drill/Impact kits, so much so that they are selling them so fast that they are ordering them by the thousands to restock. I talked to one of the HD reps and he said that they have sold record numbers of them. What this means is that the demand is there, and now that they are in the hands of consumers, there is going to be a hole to fill for these other tools. Its coming frank, The impact, jigsaw, grinder and Multitool I think are just the beginning. I bet money that the SDS tool will be available stateside this year as well as a couple other things. BTW, I looked at a catalog of the tools in Germany, AEG (TTI) has now put to market an idea that I knew I should have patented many years ago! They have now used the same concept of the Concrete Siding Saw of the dust collection for the 12" sliding miter saw. I'm guessing this is why they are blowing out the current model, and we will see them stateside later this year.

Comment

AEG 254mm 2000w Slide Compound Mitre Saw I/N 6230171 | Bunnings Warehouse

Comment

Ryobi are not as well made in my opinion and yet I see every tools and
                      accessory they offer at my home depot
                      Same company (TTI), and probably a higher profit margin on Ryobi than Ridgid.

Comment

Nice but 254mm is ~10 inches, not 12.

25.4mm = 1 inch

And it probably driven by some safety regulation that is even stricter than here in the States,
                        same as they have had the better guards on table saws for many years and the manufacturers
                        here faught not to implement...because they have your safety foremost in their mind.
                        Last edited by Bob D.; 01-01-2014, 04:16 AM.

Comment

I don't know. Carrying around a 18 volt battery in your jacket pocket all the time might be uncomfortable.

Comment

Search and rescue dogs sniffed bob out a week later! He was buried under 12 feet of snow ! Seems the 42 ridgid batterys sunk Bob ! His widow is fighting with Ridgid LSA for a new Husband !
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              i don't know. Carrying around a 18 volt battery in your jacket pocket all the time might be uncomfortable.

thought it was odd to not have 12v or a choice, also heated jackets for people who work outside in the cold is prob not stupid idea.
                              Last edited by pesciwasp; 01-01-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X