Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New ridgid heated jackets

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
    Frank, before you get to hot and bothered... I think this year is going to be huge for the Ridgid tool line. I've seen some of the stuff coming and heard from others of what is coming. They have saturated the heck out of the market with the Drill/Impact kits, so much so that they are selling them so fast that they are ordering them by the thousands to restock. I talked to one of the HD reps and he said that they have sold record numbers of them. What this means is that the demand is there, and now that they are in the hands of consumers, there is going to be a hole to fill for these other tools. Its coming frank, The impact, jigsaw, grinder and Multitool I think are just the beginning. I bet money that the SDS tool will be available stateside this year as well as a couple other things. BTW, I looked at a catalog of the tools in Germany, AEG (TTI) has now put to market an idea that I knew I should have patented many years ago! They have now used the same concept of the Concrete Siding Saw of the dust collection for the 12" sliding miter saw. I'm guessing this is why they are blowing out the current model, and we will see them stateside later this year.

what else is coming?

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      thought it was odd to not have 12v or a choice, also heated jackets for people who work outside in the cold is prob not stupid idea.
      Especially since someone else already broke the ice.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Pesciwasp, I am certain the nailers are going to get a facelift, I'm guessing they will follow the AirStrike technology currently deployed in the Ryobi line. The rep whom I talked to has been tight lipped about things in the pipeline but he has given a few hints. He grinned when I said I wish there was a heated jacket (while pointing at the Kobalt emblem on my jacket that just so happens to be heated). I'm not sure what other tools really make sense though. Yes, a 3/4" impact would be nice, and it maybe coming, but give it time.

I think the 12v line is going to get some changes and additions this year. The current driver is currently on clearance and Im guessing because of a new replacement over the pond that is almost identical but has interchangeable heads. I'm guessing another addition is coming as well as I have one in my hand that just happens to have the AEG logo on it. Not proud of what I paid to get it, but I have it! LOL

Comment

Since you mentioned the Ryobi AirStrike, I noticed while Christmas shopping that they have a narrow crown stapler out too.

Anyone have the new Senco 5N0001N Fusion Finish Nailer ?
          Last edited by Bob D.; 01-02-2014, 05:25 AM.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Yup, I have one of those staplers sitting next to my desk at this very moment. But, it seems that everyone now thinks their old school flashlights are worth gold... grrrr

Comment

Is the mystery tool the 12v sds drill? Tools that make sense, a 18 volt: jigsaw with improvements like a light and line sight blower, shopvac that plugs in too, multi charger, power source, def new nail guns as you mentioned, 12v rotary tool, jobmax circ saw, toolless head for multitool, chrger/radio w usb and blue tooth, just to name a few of course.

Comment

18v grease gun would be nice too. i could use that more than a caulk gun.

I'll have to make that suggestion to Ryobi where it has a better chance of becoming reality.

I like the idea of a small shop vac with the option to run off 110V AC, same as the Ryobi 18v string trimmer does.
                Last edited by Bob D.; 01-02-2014, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Yup, I have one of those staplers sitting next to my desk at this very moment. But, it seems that everyone now thinks their old school flashlights are worth gold... grrrr
                  explain please, whose flashlights and why would they think so?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                    explain please, whose flashlights and why would they think so?
                    The older 18 or 24v handle type lights. They want 20-30 bucks for them on ebay... crazy. They use to sell for 10 bucks or even less. I use them for the base to modify the ryobi nailers so I can use the ridgid batteries.

Comment

The older 18 or 24v handle type lights. They want 20-30 bucks for them on ebay... crazy. They use to sell for 10 bucks or even less. I use them for the base to modify the ryobi nailers so I can use the ridgid batteries.
                      OK, I understand now. I guess they read these threads and found out their true worth.

Comment

Pesciwasp, I am certain the nailers are going to get a facelift, I'm guessing they will follow the AirStrike technology currently deployed in the Ryobi line. The rep whom I talked to has been tight lipped about things in the pipeline but he has given a few hints. He grinned when I said I wish there was a heated jacket (while pointing at the Kobalt emblem on my jacket that just so happens to be heated). I'm not sure what other tools really make sense though. Yes, a 3/4" impact would be nice, and it maybe coming, but give it time.

I think the 12v line is going to get some changes and additions this year. The current driver is currently on clearance and Im guessing because of a new replacement over the pond that is almost identical but has interchangeable heads. I'm guessing another addition is coming as well as I have one in my hand that just happens to have the AEG logo on it. Not proud of what I paid to get it, but I have it! LOL
                        hey, i was kidding on a 3/4 impact, that's just carrying it a little too far in my book. if you can't bust it loose with a 1/2" impact then you need some serious tool. and you can always put a 1/2 x 3/4 adapter on your 1/2" tool and use a 3/4 drive socket.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          hey, i was kidding on a 3/4 impact, that's just carrying it a little too far in my book. if you can't bust it loose with a 1/2" impact then you need some serious tool. and you can always put a 1/2 x 3/4 adapter on your 1/2" tool and use a 3/4 drive socket.
                          I know, I started that joke... lol

Comment

I know, I started that joke... lol
                            ok, i didn't remember that a 3/4 cordless impact was suggested before, even in jest.

Comment

A cordless grease gun is a real work saver for folks who maintain heavy machinery. I think "Lincoln" may have a copyright? Guy who cleared some of my property years ago had one he used on his backhoe, lots of grease fitting and the cordless greasegun made quick work of the job.

Comment

Yup, that's where I'm thinking of using it. /my tractors, the backhoe, and various
                                implements all have multiple zerk fittings that need periodic greasing.

At work there are dozens of zerk fittings on one piece of equipment in the plant.
                                I couldn't even begin to count them all.

Looking on Amazon I see that Milwaukee offers a 12V model that looks nice.
                                Has a long hose and a built in stand so it stays upright when you set it on the floor.

The M12 Cordless Grease Gun develops higher pressure, offers greater
                                productivity, and gives the user more versatility on the jobsite than any
                                other cordless grease gun in the market. With up to 25% more pressure
                                and run-time than the competition, the 2446-21XC delivers over 8,000 PSI
                                max operating pressure for heavy duty applications and dispenses up to
                                seven grease cartridges per battery charge. The M12 Cordless Grease Gun
                                also features a lightweight, ergonomic handle design for greater user comfort
                                during prolonged use and an on board hose storage and shoulder strap loop
                                for added convenience with less mess.

However, reading the reviews its performance is average at best, and the biggest complaint was
                                the lack of a hard case, which to me would be a must have. You can't clean grease out of a soft
                                case and it offers little protection in the toolbox on the back of the truck. So RIDGID, if you do
                                offer a cordless grease gun, check with us first and see what we need, don't go with your gut,
                                and don't follow Milwaukees' lead. But you're gonna have to beat DeWalts' gun which sounds pretty
                                good. It must be fairly new as there are no consumer reviews posted yet, or the Milwaukee M18 gun
                                which has some nice features too.

The DEWALT DCGG571M1 20V MAX Lithium Ion Grease Gun features a powerful motor that delivers 10,000 max psi to power through clogged grease fittings. It has a high-volume pump that pushes up to 5.0 oz./min high-flow applications and allows up to 16 cartridges per charge with a single DEWALT 20V MAX Battery (4.0 Ah). A variable speed trigger offers precise control of the grease flow and the 42" extra-long and flexible hose is designed for reaching hard to access grease fittings. It has a bright LED light which assists in locating hard to see grease fittings in low-light situations and an innovative pump filter screen that prevents dirt and contamination from clogging the pump mechanism. An integrated no-mar foot design allows operators to rest the tool on flat surfaces. It also has an air-bleeder valve that assists in pump priming after cartridge changes. Includes: (1) DCB204: 20V MAX XR Premium Li-Ion Battery (4.0 Ah), (1) Fast charger, (1) Shoulder strap and Kit box.

Sorry for taking this thread off topic.

Last edited by Bob D.; 01-03-2014, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X